Forum Hierarchy

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Post Reply
User avatar
BeeEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am
Location: London

Forum Hierarchy

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 am

How does the forum hierarchy work, from Newbie through Member, Senior Member and Lifer?
"Why was everyone else going so slowly?" - Jim Clark 15 June 1956 after his very first race.

User avatar
Crazy Harry
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Breckland Norfolk

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 am

Might just depend where you're looking from. By number of posts yes

But if you drive an ///M or Alpina then may be not - or a coupe or even for that matter fit a stubby or a wippey and that's before we get to engine size or E89 or number owned :lol:

But for me it doesn't matter - nothing to prove just like the crack form all you others who also have love for the Zed :thumbsup:

User avatar
Marlon
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10898
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Marlon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 am

Post count:
0-50 Newbie
50-1000 Member
1000-3000 Senior Member
3000 Lifer
20,000 Legend

Stars

0-50 (0)
50-100 (1)
100-500 (2)
500-1000 (3)
1000- 3000 (4)
3000> (5)
Legend yellow stars
Moderator green stars
Image
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

Forum Hierarchy

Post by firebobby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 am Might just depend where you're looking from. By number of posts yes

But if you drive an ///M or Alpina then may be not - or a coupe or even for that matter fit a stubby or a wippey and that's before we get to engine size or E89 or number owned :lol:

But for me it doesn't matter - nothing to prove just like the crack form all you others who also have love for the Zed :thumbsup:
Don't forget the wood :whistle:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

User avatar
BeeEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am
Location: London

Forum Hierarchy

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 am

Marlon wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 am Post count:
0-50 Newbie
50-1000 Member
1000-3000 Senior Member
3000 Lifer
20,000 Legend

Stars
0-50 (0)
50-100 (1)
100-500 (2)
500-1000 (3)
1000- 3000 (4)
3000> (5)
Legend yellow stars
Moderator green stars
Thanks Marlon, my curiosity is satisfied.
"Why was everyone else going so slowly?" - Jim Clark 15 June 1956 after his very first race.

User avatar
BeeEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am
Location: London

Forum Hierarchy

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 am

firebobby wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am Don't forget the wood
Firebobby, you are confusing me with 'Beedub'.
"Why was everyone else going so slowly?" - Jim Clark 15 June 1956 after his very first race.

User avatar
ph001
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3802
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: N. Yorkshire.

Forum Hierarchy

Post by ph001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am

I'd love there to be some kind of 'rep' or 'kudos' rating where you can thank other members for particularly good advice, knowledge or insight. The current system doesn't really mean very much at all.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Image

User avatar
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4484
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm

ph001 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am I'd love there to be some kind of 'rep' or 'kudos' rating where you can thank other members for particularly good advice, knowledge or insight. The current system doesn't really mean very much at all.
A bike forum that I am on has this system.
Members can thank a post instead of replying with a thumbs up or whatever else.
Whoever has thanked the post is listed just under the post and a count is displayed under the users avatar.
This cuts down on the amount of pages that can end up on a thread.
The only downside I can see from this is your post count doesn't go up for thanking someone
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

User avatar
buzyg
Legend
Legend
Posts: 20642
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Forum Hierarchy

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 am

Nictrix wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 pm
ph001 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am I'd love there to be some kind of 'rep' or 'kudos' rating where you can thank other members for particularly good advice, knowledge or insight. The current system doesn't really mean very much at all.
A bike forum that I am on has this system.
Members can thank a post instead of replying with a thumbs up or whatever else.
Whoever has thanked the post is listed just under the post and a count is displayed under the users avatar.
This cuts down on the amount of pages that can end up on a thread.
The only downside I can see from this is your post count doesn't go up for thanking someone
A fine idea, but a number of us old folks enjoy whiling away the odd hour tapping on key boards and touch screens. Very therapeutic after a day at the mill. :wink:
Welcome aboard.
Oh and be sure you have a Whippy on your Zed. :thumbsup:
Image

Pondrew
Member
Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Location: Spaldingski

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Pondrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:16 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:44 pm nd the prize for most bizarre first post ever goes too.. Stephaned37.
+1.
I thought the exact same thing.
Lowly 18i E89, but with added vava voom.

Pondrew
Member
Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Location: Spaldingski

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Pondrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 pm

The post has gone! The embedded link is for a French shopfitting company! I'm scared now :|
Lowly 18i E89, but with added vava voom.

User avatar
Crazy Harry
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Breckland Norfolk

Forum Hierarchy

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 pm

...... and this goes down as another strange thread revival - dragged back to life from 2018 quoted by someone who does not appear in the thread and with a link inserted :?

User avatar
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4002
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am
Location: Attleborough, Norfolk

Forum Hierarchy

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am

Crazy Harry wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 pm ...... and this goes down as another strange thread revival - dragged back to life from 2018 quoted by someone who does not appear in the thread and with a link inserted :?
Which reminds me mate: how did your new venture, fitting out French shops, get on? :D
E89 20i SDrive M Sport - Valencia Orange
E85 2.5i - Sterling Grey - Better half's fun car

Post Reply