when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Marlon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10761
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:13 am
Location: Lancs.
Contact:

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Marlon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Jembo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Zoomer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:52 pm
How many lifers are there at present?
Quite a lot... it’s the Legend status (+20k posts) I think where there’s only a few
Below is the 'post count' leader board.

There are currently 91 Lifers, and 2 Legends - technically 3, as srhutch only lost his legend status when he became a moderator (green stars) but has over 20k posts.
post count.JPG
post count.JPG (100.25 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Gone: 3.0si 2008 | Quantum Remap | M Sports Seats | Cruise Control | M wheel
style 224 alloys | DLV back box | CDV delete | Stainless steel B06 gear knob

User avatar
chutley
Member
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 pm

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by chutley » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Marlon wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 pm
chutley wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm
I've been a forum member for over 11 years, but I'm still a newbie!

Maybe it's because I've only posted around 40 times.

:D If I could I'd make you an honorary lifer :thumbsup:
I'd be just as happy being a lowly member... can't be many Newbie's around after 11 years!
2007 BMW Z4 3.0Si
Image

User avatar
Bing
Legend
Legend
Posts: 26393
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Location: Exiled Scot in Maidstone

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Bing » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Marlon wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:38 pm
Jembo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Zoomer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:52 pm
How many lifers are there at present?
Quite a lot... it’s the Legend status (+20k posts) I think where there’s only a few
Below is the 'post count' leader board.

There are currently 91 Lifers, and 2 Legends - technically 3, as srhutch only lost his legend status when he became a moderator (green stars) but has over 20k posts.

post count.JPG
That whole page is the ‘old guard’ - so many great members on that list who don’t get on much, or at all, nowadays. Bit like me - if I’d kept up my trajectory I’d have been on about 40k by now :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

User avatar
jimmybell
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm
Location: SW London

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by jimmybell » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm

It's a shame the new Z4 has little chance of drawing people from that list back to regular attendance.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

User avatar
road warrior
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by road warrior » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 am

jimmybell wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
It's a shame the new Z4 has little chance of drawing people from that list back to regular attendance.
its the times, like nobody waves to anybody else much now.. although i did see a fella in a morgan with his roof down waving to me and tug, erm, coming back from the pub.. :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
Mean Steve - makes a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 15700
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 am

road warrior wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 am
jimmybell wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
It's a shame the new Z4 has little chance of drawing people from that list back to regular attendance.
its the times, like nobody waves to anybody else much now.. although i did see a fella in a morgan with his roof down waving to me and tug, erm, coming back from the pub.. :D
Oh the Morgan driver, a fine, hardy, slightly eccentric breed. Had one wave back just the other day. :D Bet they have a few lifers on that forum. :wink:
Image

User avatar
road warrior
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by road warrior » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 am

buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 am
road warrior wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 am
jimmybell wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
It's a shame the new Z4 has little chance of drawing people from that list back to regular attendance.
its the times, like nobody waves to anybody else much now.. although i did see a fella in a morgan with his roof down waving to me and tug, erm, coming back from the pub.. :D
Oh the Morgan driver, a fine, hardy, slightly eccentric breed. Had one wave back just the other day. :D Bet they have a few lifers on that forum. :wink:
indeed yes, I suppose that was my point, today's drivers are more insular and guarded perhaps in our politically correct brave new world :cry:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
Mean Steve - makes a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7028
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by firebobby » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

At least us zedders wave.....NOT :roll:
I do get waves from other roadster drivers (hardly any Z4's) when out in the Z.
Get plenty of looks from passersby, when in the MR2 though :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Mini 1000 1981

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 15700
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am

firebobby wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am
At least us zedders wave.....NOT :roll:
I do get waves from other roadster drivers (hardly any Z4's) when out in the Z.
Get plenty of looks from passersby, when in the MR2 though :wink:
Mx5 drivers wave even less. I get far more returns driving the Zed, than the Mx5. Mind I don't drive them that often.
Image

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5198
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Jembo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm

buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am
firebobby wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am
At least us zedders wave.....NOT :roll:
I do get waves from other roadster drivers (hardly any Z4's) when out in the Z.
Get plenty of looks from passersby, when in the MR2 though :wink:
Mx5 drivers wave even less. I get far more returns driving the Zed, than the Mx5. Mind I don't drive them that often.
Bing always gives me ‘the Finger’, does that count?
The dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54
Image

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 15700
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Jembo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm
buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am
firebobby wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am
At least us zedders wave.....NOT :roll:
I do get waves from other roadster drivers (hardly any Z4's) when out in the Z.
Get plenty of looks from passersby, when in the MR2 though :wink:
Mx5 drivers wave even less. I get far more returns driving the Zed, than the Mx5. Mind I don't drive them that often.
Bing always gives me ‘the Finger’, does that count?
Depends where. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5198
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Jembo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:06 pm

buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:00 pm
Jembo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm
buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am
Mx5 drivers wave even less. I get far more returns driving the Zed, than the Mx5. Mind I don't drive them that often.
Bing always gives me ‘the Finger’, does that count?
Depends where. :lol:
Pants, that came out badly... how you getting on with Perry’s old Gimp mask :poke:
The dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54
Image

User avatar
Bing
Legend
Legend
Posts: 26393
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Location: Exiled Scot in Maidstone

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Bing » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Don’t forget, my fingers are Legendary :wink: :P
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7028
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 am
Location: South west Buckinghamshire

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by firebobby » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:17 pm

buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:00 pm
Jembo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm
buzyg wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 am
Mx5 drivers wave even less. I get far more returns driving the Zed, than the Mx5. Mind I don't drive them that often.
Bing always gives me ‘the Finger’, does that count?
Depends where. :lol:
:whip: :rofl: :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Mini 1000 1981

Niceman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 9:46 am

when does a noob stop being a noob ?

Post by Niceman » Sun May 05, 2019 7:45 pm

I just got a z4 and don't know how to open roof off the remote. Can this be done

Post Reply