Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is photobucket back?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Crazy Harry

Is photobucket back?

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am

Just looked at an old thread of mine to find some information in a reply and I notice that the photobucket links are now working - not as a picture in the thread text but as a link to the photobucket site.

I know that I didn't give photobucket any cash to host the images when they changed their policy a while back - so have they had a change of heart? has the forum done a deal? he we got all those old 'how to' threads back? have I just missed some other big discussion about it on here over the last year?

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Is photobucket back?

Post by mr.tourette » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am

Yes ..I believe it got bought out after everyone deserted in droves..new owners fixed all the broken links in efforts to win people back :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Is photobucket back?

Post by ph001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 pm

..but only for a limited time, then it goes back to a subscription model, albeit at a fraction of the ludicrous price they were asking last time.

The bird had flown though, most people have found other ways to host images by now, and it's left such a bitter taste in peoples mouths I doubt they will ever win them back.

I think the Photobucket fiasco will go down in history on how to destroy a business. It was clear that the existing model wasn't working financially for them but I just can't possibly imagine how their board voted through the price structure that they did. Absolute lunacy at the highest level. They could have been quids in if they had done something like £3 - £5 per month. Greed or just pure stupidity?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Crazy Harry

Is photobucket back?

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 pm

So it's not me then!

Is there a quick was to capture the images and restore the 'how to' threads or would each link need to be opened the image downloaded then pasted back into the thread?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Is photobucket back?

Post by buzyg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Bitter sweet news. Will have to take a looking on my old account. :)