Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Whoops [Z4 crash on motorway]

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by jamie_z4 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:24 am

cj10jeeper wrote:If you watch the full video on YouTube only shortly before he'd cut in late and hard into the traffic line..
He really was an impatient prat..
Have you got a link I can only see the 20 second version
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

TomK

Whoops

Post by TomK » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm

TomK wrote:Hopefully no one on here :thumbsdown:
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Nictrix wrote:
Vonlipvig wrote:I can't decide if the ds3 was trying to move into the middle lane to avoid the Z4 or if they were moving from the middle lane to the left and that's what caught out the Z. Either way I think much more awareness from the Z driver is needed, and ds3 needs to anticipate someone might pull out. Always expect a stupid manover
Looking at it the DS was probably moving from the middle to the left lane and thats possibly why the Z driver thought it was clear to pull out.
The DS is driving far faster than I would under the circumstances, and I suspect he moved into the near side lane immediately before coming into view, and did so without indicating (perhaps to undertake the van he subsequently hits). If so, blame can be apportioned to both the Zed driver and that of the DS. However, the Z4 crosses a solid white line when rejoining the main carriageway, so he is really the one at greater fault. As said, it sounds like he was driving like a nob even before this too.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:21 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote:
Nictrix wrote:
Vonlipvig wrote:I can't decide if the ds3 was trying to move into the middle lane to avoid the Z4 or if they were moving from the middle lane to the left and that's what caught out the Z. Either way I think much more awareness from the Z driver is needed, and ds3 needs to anticipate someone might pull out. Always expect a stupid manover
Looking at it the DS was probably moving from the middle to the left lane and thats possibly why the Z driver thought it was clear to pull out.
The DS is driving far faster than I would under the circumstances, and I suspect he moved into the near side lane immediately before coming into view, and did so without indicating (perhaps to undertake the van he subsequently hits). If so, blame can be apportioned to both the Zed driver and that of the DS. However, the Z4 crosses a solid white line when rejoining the main carriageway, so he is really the one at greater fault. As said, it sounds like he was driving like a nob even before this too.
This is supposition about undertaking . I' could argue the DS moved in to allow the faster white van past at what is a safe point. He did so after all the traffic was static and is 100% entitled to do so and with no signal. The Z4 made an illegal move crossing a solid white line
100% his fault
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Whoops

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:55 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:
BMWZ4MC wrote:
Nictrix wrote: Looking at it the DS was probably moving from the middle to the left lane and thats possibly why the Z driver thought it was clear to pull out.
This is supposition about undertaking . I' could argue the DS moved in to allow the faster white van past at what is a safe point. He did so after all the traffic was static and is 100% entitled to do so and with no signal. The Z4 made an illegal move crossing a solid white line
100% his fault
Having watched a few more times 100% agree.

freemadw

Whoops

Post by freemadw » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:04 pm

I'm always wary of people pulling out like that but I don't think there was much the DS driver could have done (looked like it was travelling quite quickly though). If the Z driver hadn't wasted time indicating he might have got away with it though... :rofl: :driving:
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining...

pvr
Legend
Legend

Whoops

Post by pvr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Perhaps it was a 2.0 that just couldn't move quickly enough ... 8)
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by jimbo1958 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 pm

pvr wrote:Perhaps it was a 2.0 that just couldn't move quickly enough ... 8)
Was thinking it had to be a 4 pot....I'd be long gone in my 35i before the Citroen was anywhere near me. :whistle:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Whoops

Post by pvr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:50 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:
Was thinking it had to be a 4 pot....I'd be long gone in my 35i before the Citroen was anywhere near me. :whistle:
He would have still crashed due to your vortex :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Whoops

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:
You still be there waiting for the turbo to kick in. :oops:

Vonlipvig

Whoops

Post by Vonlipvig » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:22 pm

I've watched the full video now and I have my verdict. The Z had the roof up when it was clearly dry, should have had it down, much better visibility :D
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

Sky-drive

Whoops

Post by Sky-drive » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Vonlipvig wrote:I've watched the full video now and I have my verdict. The Z had the roof up when it was clearly dry, should have had it down, much better visibility :D
+1 :D
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by jimbo1958 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

buzyg wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote:
You still be there waiting for the turbo to kick in. :oops:
You Bitch. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Whoops

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:13 pm

It's a 2009 2.5l (S drive 23i)
Reg J50 SRT
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

blackabbot

Whoops

Post by blackabbot » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Hey guys, I've got a 2.0i sport and it can move quickly enough if needed, watched video several times zed driver at fault for being impatient and not anticipating speed of oncoming vehicle :headbang:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D