Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 2.2SE - Metallic Grey, 1 lady owner UK/Surrey £4,500

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Kickstart2

Post by Kickstart2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 pm

I know this might appear a bit odd as I have only just joined the site, but we also used to quite active on the old Z4Um forum.

My wife has just bought herself a new car and she is going to part exchange her BMW Z4 2.2SE. We need to sell this in a week or so and are just looking for a bit more than the dealer is offering as a trade in. AND we would like it to go to a good home to someone who will appreciate it. It's never been thrashed or on the track, I originally bought it for my wife as a 50th birthday present and that story was in the Sunday Times motoring section.

It's been her pride and joy but she's now decided she wants a car with 4 seats as she has just retired and is out with friends more, so she's decided on a sporty A class Mercedes. She really wants to keep it but we just don't have the space (and if I've been told I can only have 1 motorbike, so... you get the picture).

One lady owner from new, 11 years old, 2005 (05) reg, 2.2SE, 63,000 miles, dealer serviced from new at every interval. Silver/grey metallic with the nicer 18" wheels, black leather interior, heated seats, standard radio/CD player, bluetooth, luggage net in passenger seat.

She had it fully dealer serviced throughout (whatever the cost) and has recently had new fan belts and a new alloy wheel (as it was cracked). Tyres are all good, 3 new ones and reasonable life left in the 4th. The soft top was playing up and she's just had a new hydraulic pump fitted as the old one had rusted (£900), all bills available. Tax and MOT until March 31st.

Small mark to front bumper and a few marks on the alloy wheels, fault with the glove box lid, needs reattaching properly as it drops when it's open, but fine when closed and otherwise in great condition, always garaged.

Normal value for a car of this age and condition on Autotrader seems to be around £5,000, we are looking at £4,500 for a quick sale, anything much below this and my wife will not be bothered in doing the deal (she doesn't want a lot of hassle as she's sad to sell it in the first place!).

Car is in Redhill, Surrey. Please contact me with any questions by answering here, PM or phone (ZERO seven eight 02 956119)

I'll be home Friday (2nd) and Saturday, but at the MotoGP on Sunday, can make arrangements after this.

Thanks
Chris

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Sports seats and new roof motor should help shift it, although i would suggest giving the interior a good spring clean - looks a bit grimy and dusty from the interior photos.
No disrespect meant but when i recently bought my zed it was absolutely spotless and clean inside and it made all the difference to me knowing that someone had gone to the effort of making sure i wouldnt be put off buying it once I saw it in the flesh. It was almost factory-fresh but a 12.5 yr old car! Suffice to say and after further inspection i snapped it up!
Just sayin.
Glwts!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Kickstart2

Post by Kickstart2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, it may well benefit from a full valet inside, but the condition is fair. I agree I could spend a couple of hours with some leather polish and baby wipes. :D

These photos were just taken quickly last weekend to show the dealer (we couldn't get the car out of the garage as the gas board had dug up our road).

That said my wife hates hassle and aggravation, hence she doesn't want to bother with Autotrader etc. She's prepared just accept the minimal valuation that the dealer offered (which rankles me). She wouldn't even let me mention it on Facebook!

However she has agreed that if an enthusiast wanted it then she would be happy to sell it to them.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Hmmm, that would rankle me a bit too! There's obviously a market here on the forum but there's a much much bigger market on autotrader and FB.
I'd be working hard to persuade her that in order to meet your asking price and realise a sale as soon as possible that exposing it to these markets would be a sensible way forward!

It does seem like a very fair price @ 4.5k

Kickstart2

Post by Kickstart2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:58 pm

You obviously haven't met my wife, negotiation is not always her strongest point!

I'd much rather it went to someone who wants it, but the new car will be available in about a week and she just wants it sorted...

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Women. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. lol

Stick it on gumtree and just give your email and if u get serious offer then share your mobile number - she'll never know the difference whether the interested party is someone from here, there or anywhere else! Whoever ends up buying it is obviously going to be someone who 'wants it'...

Sounds like u need to step out from underneath that thumb of hers a bit...
:roll:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Beautiful car and an almost twin to mine! Very fairly priced at that price with ///M seats! I'm sure this will sell soon! :thumbsup: Sad to see a one owner car have to sell though!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Kickstart2

Post by Kickstart2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:45 pm

26 years of marriage so far... so the thumb only rests lightly, and some things (especially money) are not worth arguing about.

We have an arrangement, I can spend what ever I like on my motorbikes (Ducati Multistrada) and she can do what ever she wants with her car.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Its a lovely car with the appeal of very reasonable miles , 1 owner , sport seats & choice 18s but its a 2.2 so whoever buys it will have to play that off :wink:
Be interesting to see if anyone does go for it before you trade it
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:26 pm

With heated (manual) full leather sports seats I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought the car to swap the seats for their standard ones then tried to sell the car on.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:31 pm

mr wilks wrote:Its a lovely car with the appeal of very reasonable miles , 1 owner , sport seats & choice 18s but its a 2.2 so whoever buys it will have to play that off :wink:
Nothing wrong with a 2.2- 6 cyl M54 great a workable engine.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 pm

paddy wright wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Its a lovely car with the appeal of very reasonable miles , 1 owner , sport seats & choice 18s but its a 2.2 so whoever buys it will have to play that off :wink:
Not saying there's any weakness with a 2.2 but hard to discount the fact that virtually all other engines barring the 2.0 carry more in desirability & therefore the 2.2 will always be a tough sell
Similar to a 23i in the 89s ? Which I bought & have no issues with but will always be seen as the poor man of 89s :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:14 pm

mr wilks wrote:
paddy wright wrote:
Not saying there's any weakness with a 2.2 but hard to discount the fact that virtually all other engines barring the 2.0 carry more in desirability & therefore the 2.2 will always be a tough sell
Similar to a 23i in the 89s ? Which I bought & have no issues with but will always be seen as the poor man of 89s :wink:
Know what you mean in terms of 'desirability' now- when I bought my 2.2 in 07 there was a huge price diff between engine sizes as the cars were still pretty much new but this has narrowed as the cars age. A 3.0 would technically be a 'better' car but at this age I'd buy on condition, history and in those terms this car is a minter!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:22 pm

paddy wright wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
paddy wright wrote: Nothing wrong with a 2.2- 6 cyl M54 great a workable engine.
Know what you mean in terms of 'desirability' now- when I bought my 2.2 in 07 there was a huge price diff between engine sizes as the cars were still pretty much new but this has narrowed as the cars age. A 3.0 would technically be a 'better' car but at this age I'd buy on condition, history and in those terms this car is a minter!
Hard to disagree , miles , spec & to some extent engine bhp have always factored low in my used car search .
Condition , history & how it currently drives along with potential spend & resale far more relative for me
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

bluespit

Post by bluespit » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 pm

looks lovely and has all the bits I'd like except the engine. No i'm not going to buy it for the parts I need.
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!