Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Would you buy this?

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Would you buy this?

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:58 pm

No way will a dealer fix faults and mot ahead of time. Let's say he spends £500 doing it then then price has to go up to £4K+.
Next potential buyer just finds other things like tyres getting worn and he has to negotiate more off.
At this end of the market they strike a deal and fix what you find. If you find too much they walk away.
If you don't like it as is with a few fixes you walk away

Different story at the high end of the market where it will be covered by 100 Pom t inspections, mot, service and warranty. There they end up fixing paint errors, etc. If you spot them.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Jalfrezi

Would you buy this?

Post by Jalfrezi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:31 am

Well I have just put a deposit down on this. This misfire was sorted, new MoT and the price dropped. Drives well and has lots of goodies Inc Xenon's.

The dealer has a couple of minor jobs to address, but all being well I shall be the proud owner of a Zed ☺

I see a few weekends of cleaning and polishing ahead. Mixed with poor excuses to drive places for no real reason.
2003 E85 3.0i, 144000 miles and counting...

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Would you buy this?

Post by Ewazix » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 am

Jalfrezi wrote:Well I have just put a deposit down on this. This misfire was sorted, new MoT and the price dropped. Drives well and has lots of goodies Inc Xenon's.

The dealer has a couple of minor jobs to address, but all being well I shall be the proud owner of a Zed ☺

I see a few weekends of cleaning and polishing ahead. Mixed with poor excuses to drive places for no real reason.
Well done, if it pans out OK with the niggles sorted that's a lot of car for the money. Enjoy :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ewazix on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Would you buy this?

Post by Marlon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:46 am

Sounds like the dealer met you more than halfway, look forward to seeing your new Zed :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S