Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted: Z4 Roadster 3.0L, 4-4.5k budget, pref black or grey, manual, FSH

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:14 am

Hi all,

Joined the forum specifically to bid on T2FFN's lovely Zed which he's in the process of selling. But I'm somewhere in the middle of the 'want' queue unfortunately and I understand his plan to sell has been delayed a bit.
Hence, I'm in the market for a nice, straight Z4 roadster 3.0L, preferably in black or that nice deep grey metallic colour but would consider any colour as long as it's been looked after.
Mileage isn't so important as my last beemer did 260k miles without putting a foot wrong. So as long as it's been looked after, serviced on time etc I'd also consider high-miles cars.
Would be nice to have SE spec, esp with heated seats but not crucial.
Budget is 4K top end.

I'm based in Holland right now but travelling to anywhere in the UK isn't a big deal as long as you're close or within easy travelling distance to an airport/train station.

Drop me a line here or text me on **********
or email to [email protected].

Cheers,
Chris
:)
Last edited by Chris_D on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Wanted: Z4 Roadster 3.0L, 4k budget, pref black or grey

Post by Chris_D » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:29 am

Ok...so bumping this post via a reply. Is that weird / does that work here? Don't know the etiquette so apologies in advance.

Howwwwever - still in the market for a nice tidy E85 3.0 roadster, preferably in black or that nice dark metallic grey ('space grey' is it?).
Looking to spend no more than 4.5k - I know they're out there as some have been and gone on this forum and I've missed out dammit!
Hit me up on this forum or via email to [email protected] or text to 003161 8122533 (Holland) if you're looking to sell.
Yes, I'm in Holland but am a Brit expat who is too used to driving on the wrong/right/wrong side of the car to go for a left hooker.
Car will be re-registered to my UK address and eventually imported to Holland.
Let's face it - it's been a crap summer so far, Mark Carney has just dropped the interest rates and hence I just know some of you are looking to offload at the mo?

Give us a shout....all messages replied to.

Cheers,
Chris

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:52 am

Good luck with your search. All uk cars pre facelift are SE trim spec, there was no choice. What equipment was standard depended upon engine size.

Have you tried Piston heads and auto trader?

McDade

Post by McDade » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:24 am

Not a forum car, but a friend was eyeing this up on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-3-0i-a ... SwZVlXj4Ju
2018 Jaguar F Pace R - The Daily Drive
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i, Black wi/ Red, SMG - The bit on the side

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:31 pm

srhutch wrote:Good luck with your search. All uk cars pre facelift are SE trim spec, there was no choice. What equipment was standard depended upon engine size.

M Sport suspension wasn't an option pre-facelift? interesting. Autotrader, gumtree on my radar. will check pheads. thx 4 the tip!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:37 pm

McDade wrote:Not a forum car, but a friend was eyeing this up on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-3-0i-a ... SwZVlXj4Ju
Hmm, automatic recon gearbox puts me off a bit McDade, but otherwise a nice clean looking example. at least on the outside.... but thx neway

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:51 am

Chris_D wrote:
srhutch wrote:Good luck with your search. All uk cars pre facelift are SE trim spec, there was no choice. What equipment was standard depended upon engine size.

M Sport suspension wasn't an option pre-facelift? interesting. Autotrader, gumtree on my radar. will check pheads. thx 4 the tip!
No, it was (confusing I know!). It was a cost option on the 2.2 and 2.5 models and was actually fitted as standard to the 3.0 cars, although you could opt for the standard suspension at no extra cost. With regards to trim levels, as others have said se was the only trim on the pre facelift. With actual spec differing between engine sizes. However just to confuse matters even further initially when the zed was launch in the uk it was just a 3.0 with no trim level moniker, this changed around sept 03 to se. Nothing on the car changed, same spec etc just that bmw added the se from then on for some reason. So all 03 and some 53 plate cars are just called 3.0i. Crazy!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:01 am

MACK wrote:
Chris_D wrote:

No, it was (confusing I know!). It was a cost option on the 2.2 and 2.5 models and was actually fitted as standard to the 3.0 cars, although you could opt for the standard suspension at no extra cost. With regards to trim levels, as others have said se was the only trim on the pre facelift. With actual spec differing between engine sizes. However just to confuse matters even further initially when the zed was launch in the uk it was just a 3.0 with no trim level moniker, this changed around sept 03 to se. Nothing on the car changed, same spec etc just that bmw added the se from then on for some reason. So all 03 and some 53 plate cars are just called 3.0i. Crazy!
LOL, now I'm really confuzzled!
But tbh, if it's the right colour and the engine purrs as it should and the roof is gremlin-free, anything else is a bonus...