Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Sgreen

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Sgreen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:07 pm

We will start at the beginning. Wanted to change my 1 series for a Z4 two years ago. Went to Sopers and the sales people could not do enough, they bent over backwards to find the right car for me with the spec I wanted. They brought the car up from Southampton for me to take a look at and a deal was done. This deal included A Glaze at an additional cost (I know it's no good, but it gave a three warranty against bird lime eating into the paint, and being a black car, hot day etc...)
When I went to collect my car, all excited, we were told that the car was outside if we wanted to have a look whilst he finished off the paperwork. To our horror we found the car was still dirty in places were they had missed washing it ( on the doors, bumper etc) and they had put the A Glaze on top of the dirt! After a quick rant at how useless they were at prepping the car they took it back to sort it.
We did notice that the sills were stone chipped a bit, understandable considering it was a used car and the condition of our roads so we got a price for both sills to be resprayed by Sopers. They said they would remove the sills and spray them for us at what we thought to be a fair price.
When we picked the car up, guess what? What a fcuk up of a job. The sills were a different colour to the car and they were not removed for spraying, not only that but they tried to only spray the rear half and blend in the paint. The finish was appalling, mismatch colour, mat areas and over spray! Back it went. This time the paint was done properly, but they scratched the bumper!!! :headbang:
So I changed my car last October for the correct model I should have got first time :roll:
So last month it was due for a service and to fix a fault with the multimedia, it went to you know who. Got the car back, told them not to wash the car, picked up the car, great no scratches, but the problem with the multi media wasnt fixed. So I book it back in under warranty and arrange for a courtesy car ( not a mini, no good for work )this was three weeks ago. Last week the headlight washer jets stopped working so I rang them to add this to the list of jobs and to check I still have a coutesy car (BMW) booked out for me.
This Wednesday I rang them to check if all is ok to drop the car off after work Thursday as pre arranged, "not a problem were open till 6pm".
I made good time from work and arrived at 5:30 last night, no car for me! :thumbsdown: and after all the ringing and checking!" We do have a mini we can give you" and I had previously told them not a mini!
They me outside and showed me the mini. Oh well I suppose it will have to do as I have no other choice. No handover to show me were things were or anything. After struggling with working out how to start it and find were all the controls were I set off home. The car stank inside and there were left over cookies in the glove box! After only a couple of miles I was feeling sick, so I took the car back and my husband came to pick me up in his works van. Not even a sorry. I was told the service manager would call me in the morning, not a tinkle. I had to ring them this afternoon and again not even a sorry.
My blood is now boiling with the service I have received from Sopers, my next nearest dealer is Sytners at Nottingham. Don't think I will bother with Sopers again, nothing but bad service.

Rant over, sorry for war and peace but I had to get it off my chest as getting nowhere with Sopers and I don't want to rip my husbands head off :roll:

Sharon
Last edited by Sgreen on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supra twin turbo, great in a straight, rubbish around twistys
NSX, pretty cool but no heated seats and can't get top down
Z4 23i sdrive, now gone, got the wrong car, need more power.
Z4 35is loved and missed
Z4 M40i one word sums it up Wow!

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by sars » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Oh dear I feel for you, I think after your first experience I would have been loathed to return again. You may find that Nottingham is a much bigger dealership and thus have a little bit more professionalism
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Wyldie85

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Wyldie85 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having Sharon, certainly seems like some of your issues were not handled properly!

A friend of mine has had a similar experience of late, relating to paint with their Audi A5. Bad re-spray job after the car was rear ended. Back to Audi to be redone. Less than 6 months later the lacquer was peeling off. Went back to Audi, dont again.

Now it's been taken to an independent paint shop who removed the bumper and noted that it clearly wasnt removed the last time. Loads of overspray and paint drips on the underside.

It's a shame that main dealers think that this level of service is acceptable and that people just won't notice or realise.

I hope you have more luck with Nottingham.
2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Taz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:15 pm

not good at all :thumbsdown:

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by aquazi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:16 pm

I've ordered parts from them in the past been very pleased and got them cheap with a forum discount...

But it must be a Lincoln thing buying cars... i got my Audi from the Lincoln Audi and had an appalling buying experience too (car had a faulty Xenon controller when i went to collect it) and poor sales staff not willing to even try and accommodate a customer.

Sgreen

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Sgreen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 pm

aquazi wrote:I've ordered parts from them in the past been very pleased and got them cheap with a forum discount...

But it must be a Lincoln thing buying cars... i got my Audi from the Lincoln Audi and had an appalling buying experience too (car had a faulty Xenon controller when i went to collect it) and poor sales staff not willing to even try and accommodate a customer.
Ahhhh that's the parts department not service so parts are clearly as good as the sales team.
Z4 35is loved and missed

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Nictrix » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Shocking. And to think some people wont buy anything without FBMWSH.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by LeeZ4MR » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:39 pm

I would avoid sytner to be fair and I purchased my X5 from sytner Sheffield and it wasn't a great experience at all, I also had some repair work done at sytner Nottingham on the 330d when my mrs had someone run into the back of the car and they had to repaint it again because they made such a pigs ear of it in the first place.

Purchased the 640d from soper and was very happy with them and always go there for servicing too so I am really sorry to hear about the really bad experience.
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by MACK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:43 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote:I would avoid sytner to be fair and I purchased my X5 from sytner Sheffield and it wasn't a great experience at all, I also had some repair work done at sytner Nottingham on the 330d when my mrs had someone run into the back of the car and they had to repaint it again because they made such a pigs ear of it in the first place.

Purchased the 640d from soper and was very happy with them and always go there for servicing too so I am really sorry to hear about the really bad experience.
I would have to agree Sytner Sheffield is where my badly corroded 4 year old 30K Mini ended up on a forecourt.
I eventually rejected it and returned it BMW Finance having bought it from the shower of sh!t that is the Williams Group a couple of years earlier who failed miserably to fix it. BMW Finance then sold it through British Car Auctions and a buyer for Sytners bought it. A friend saw it go through and BMW hadn't repaired/replaced the rear wings that were obviously corroding from the inside out.

Long story short, Sytners patched these up and then sold it on through their Sheffield location to some poor unsuspecting Sap!
Quality indeed! :headbang:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by markeg » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:01 pm

I found Sytners Notts to be excellent when I used them. However I switched to Sopers (as its closer) about 3 years back but I've had nothing but good service from them - they even have an Alpina trained technical lead who does all the servicing on my car. Sorry to hear of your experiences, Sharon - I wouldn't be best pleased if I'd had that experience.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by ben g » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:41 am

Took the courtesy car back because you were feeling sick? What the hell? :lol:

I'd be grateful to get any courtesy car.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Sgreen

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Sgreen » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 am

ben g wrote:Took the courtesy car back because you were feeling sick? What the hell? :lol:

I'd be grateful to get any courtesy car.
Yes darn right we did it stunk, like someone had been ill in car!
Z4 35is loved and missed

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:03 am

All the various BMW main dealers I have been to over the years, mainly Williams and sytners have been distinctly average to poor.
I always come out feeling like you are doing them a favour and their condescending and arrogant tone must be especially taught at the " BMW school of nasal annoyance"..

Whereas I have had reason to be in Royles Jaguar this week..
Totally different experience, professional, polite and friendly..

Brand new XF sport brake as courtesy cay with less than 300 miles on the clock..

Total cost of job, £42 for software update and full health check..

Service costs for supercharged XKR start at £229 to £379..
No wonder jaguar is on the up and up again,BMW could learn a lot from them

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by metal licker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:07 am

Z4M-2006 wrote:All the various BMW main dealers I have been to over the years, mainly Williams and sytners have been distinctly average to poor.
I always come out feeling like you are doing them a favour and their condescending and arrogant tone must be especially taught at the " BMW school of nasal annoyance"..

Whereas I have had reason to be in Royles Jaguar this week..
Totally different experience, professional, polite and friendly..

Brand new XF sport brake as courtesy cay with less than 300 miles on the clock..

Total cost of job, £42 for software update and full health check..

Service costs for supercharged XKR start at £229 to £379..
No wonder jaguar is on the up and up again,BMW could learn a lot from them
Don't think they compete in the same market now,Jaguar are a lot more upmarket and exclusive than BMW
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Sopers Lincoln NOT HAPPY

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:18 am

That's a fair comment...

But the XE is 2 and 3 series money, so a bit more downmarket.. Lol..

They had an array of car in the showroom, all the latest stuff of course, but also a Bentley flying spur, Porsche 991 and a new mustang V8...
I asked about them and the service guys says the owners keeps them there to show what's being PX'd against the current Jaguars..
All 3 cars mentioned had been put in against F type..

Apparently they can't get enough of them, new and second hand.. Buyers are on a list waiting for cars to become available, as second hand stock is not being generated. People are buying and keeping them..