Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Wolves Benham

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
HelenZ4

BMW Wolves Benham

Post by HelenZ4 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Dropped a bit of a clanger today.

Took drivers seat out of the Z and took it to Aldridge Trimmers for bolster repair. Taking the seat out in the garage meant I put the seat in its most upright position, aiding its removal. Didn't give this much thought as it made replacing the bolster leather far more difficult for the trimmers. Drrrrrrrrr :headbang:

Just round the corner is Benham BMW so I popped in and asked if they could connect my seat up to a power supply from a car on site, assuming it will reach, then simply adjust the seat to be more laid back. After all it takes about 3 seconds to put the connector on the seat..... :thumbsup:

Very efficient person on the service desk flatly refused to help as they can only work on BMW cars, What rubbish I thought so I explained the seat is a BMW item from a BMW car. Summary of the response - NO.

Let me explain I said, it takes seconds to power the chair up if you have a lead that will reach so can you ask the question, otherwise it will take me 40 mins to drive home, 3 seconds to connect the lead, 5 seconds to adjust the seat and 40 minutes to drive back. That's a total of 80 minutes and 8 seconds to do 8 seconds work!! Summary of the response - NO.

Now at this point I'm counting to 10......... Let me explain the situation again as I've clearly not done so very well. Blah blah blah Summary of the response - NO.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND OFF I WENT. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Benham Wolves :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Good job Aldridge Trimmers had a different attitude and managed to work round my stuff up.
2008 3.0Si Sport Monaco Blue Individual Champagne Nappa Bi-colour Interior Heated Seats Comfort Pack Xenons Bluetooth BBS CK's BMW Stubby. ZX636A1P 2002 Snot Green A1 mint, Beowulf can, low miles goes like stink. 15 plate C220d Estate AMG PremPlus