Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Nanu wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:32 pm I wonder if there was a clause in Lewis's contract to ensure he doesn't get a decent driver in the number 2 seat at Mercedes?
No, but I suspect there is a clause in Toto Wolffe's ensuring Valterri keeps his seat. Toto is Valterri's manager after all! It would be a case for "conflicts of interest", "insider dealing" or at least nepotism in any other business IMO.
Didn't know that but would explain a few things. There are so many young and very talented drivers out there who could push Lewis and F1 would be the better for it.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:14 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:48 pm There are so many young and very talented drivers out there
Who will never get a chance because they either don't have £50+ million to bring with them to add to the party, or their dad isn't an ex F1 driver.

Lewis should be given the utmost credit (like him or not as a person or even driver) for getting to where he has purely on merit and not the money he can bring.
The rest of F1 is still full of spoilt rich kids who can drive a bit. I mean, to keep Lance Stroll in a seat, his dad had to buy the team! Gene Haas got fed up with throwing money at the team so their line-up are two kids; one is a very commercial commodity with the surname Schumacher, the other is a Russian billionaire who has brought his own money with him and can't even keep the car on the track. Mind you last year's Haas drivers weren't exactly the best.

"F1 Drive to Survive" on Netflix is worth watching for a bit more insight IMO.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:33 pm

+1 on drive to survive,really enjoyed this a good insight behind the scenes,and how much money talks in F1. :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:13 pm

Closest race it a while and all the better for it. Strategy and that acknowledged ability to look after his tyres some how got Mercedes and Lewis over the line first. Max genuinely may be the fastest driver in the fastest car. But based on that performance he still has more to learn about winning in F1. He"s getting there though. His post race interview was more mature than I was expecting. :thumbsup:

On a separate note. What is Vettle still doing in F1 :cry:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:05 am

buzyg wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:13 pm On a separate note. What is Vettle still doing in F1
I have a sneaky feeling that "ex world champions" are good for sponsorship ie cash generators; otherwise why would Vettel and Kimi (and now the stroppy Spaniard AGAIN) want to run around at the back?
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:13 am

Best race I’ve seen in a while
Lotus Exige 350

buzyg
Legend
Legend