Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Peter Van Der Veer Huddersfield

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
olsonn

Peter Van Der Veer Huddersfield

Post by olsonn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 pm

I know that Peter gets a mention in a number of the forums on here, but I would just like to add my praise. I travelled to see Peter today to have my electric folding mirrors fitted. Having a pre Oct 2004 Z4, I assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that the wiring would be present for the retro fit. It only took Peter a couple of minutes to realise that the wires were not there, I assumed I would have to come back another day, but Peter said he would be able to sort the wiring, so off I trotted to the nearby town for coffee and cake. The job took a bit longer than expected as Peter had to stop work on my car to sort out a wedding guest, who had called in to Peter in an emergency, he had his clothes and wallet in the boot of his BMW and the boot lock had failed, no external keyhole, so it was down to Peter to remove the rear seat to get at his gear. Just shows the sort of bloke he is. I am off to photograph my electric heated mirrors and switch to advertise on here

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Peter Van Der Veer Huddersfield

Post by Taz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 pm

not heard of the guy and i'm only 10 miles away, tell me more :thumbsup:

can i ask how much he charged, my mate wants electric folding mirrors too

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:38 pm

He is actually in Marsden, if you search the forums on here you will find references to him, total cost for fitting the mirrors and constructing the loom came to £336 including VAT

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:41 pm

marsden is even closer

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:42 pm

olsonn wrote:He is actually in Marsden, if you search the forums on here you will find references to him, total cost for fitting the mirrors and constructing the loom came to £336 including VAT
what switch as he fitted?

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:51 pm

I supplied the mirrors, the operating switch which replaces the standard mirror switch and the module which goes behind the glove box, as there was no wiring system to support them, Peter had to construct a loom to link them all together and all completed with soldered joints

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:37 am

Austin had an inspection on his M done recently.

Hope he sees this and posts a review.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:41 am

olsonn wrote:I supplied the mirrors, the operating switch which replaces the standard mirror switch and the module which goes behind the glove box, as there was no wiring system to support them, Peter had to construct a loom to link them all together and all completed with soldered joints
so how much was the total job?

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

I think I paid £240 for the mirrors and switch off Ebay and I bought the module off a fellow member for £60, unused in the box

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:35 pm

I am not sure that a dealer would be bothered doing the wiring the way Peter did and I am not sure if you can actually get a loom for it, somebody on here may know

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:32 pm

olsonn wrote:I am not sure that a dealer would be bothered doing the wiring the way Peter did and I am not sure if you can actually get a loom for it, somebody on here may know
Great to read this, Olsonn. Was this after our convo I presume? I'm now re-thinking I might keep my mirrors and buy another module and get them fitted. I cannot sell the mirrors for some reason, so might as well fit them for a couple of £££. :thumbsup:

85genius

Post by 85genius » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Never heard of the bloke and I live in Huddersfield, will remember thus in case I need help in the future cheers
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

sorry for the late reply on this, I have only just picked it up.

I agree with Olsonn, more than happy to recommend Peter. He is very knowledgeable about our cars and gives you honest opinions on what is required (or suggested not in my case)

See the link below for more info on my findings, but in summary he was very good, but not the cheapest. I will be using him again for any future work

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80217

Anyone using him should drop me a line as I am only 3 miles away, so happy to share a brew.
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added