Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC on it's way

"M" Specific discussion
Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:42 am

Today is the day then Shunt.......
Looks like nice weather too

enjoy it :thumbsup:
SOLD 2006 Z4 ///M Roadster in Imola Red....As seen below
http://www.pbase.com/elliot_d/bmw_z4_m

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 am

Indeed Elliot, off to get the train to Leicester. A return trip over the cat & fiddle me thinks. :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:
Aston V8V

carl

Post by carl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:39 am

What are you waiting for? Dealer will be open at 0830 and you're wasting time posting on here! :rofl:
:driving:

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:14 am

Wifes coming too, I think shes 'doing' her hair!! :roll:
Aston V8V

carl

Post by carl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:18 am

Hair will be ruined by driving with the roof down anyway. :lol:

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:44 am

It's a Coupe! lol

(i can give you details on how to remove the roof though.. ;) :lol:)

carl

Post by carl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:51 pm

sixspeed wrote:It's a Coupe! lol
Whoops! There were so many pictures of roadsters on this thread I got a bit confused.

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:42 pm

He must have it by now!

If he posts on this forum before Monday I will be most upset! He should be out burning petrol! :D

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 am

sixspeed wrote:He must have it by now!

If he posts on this forum before Monday I will be most upset! He should be out burning petrol! :D
I have got it, sorry to dissapoint by posting, but thought I'd let you know how I got on. :driving:

Very very pleased with the swap from the Alpina. I used to think that sounded great, this thing is an absolute hooligan, I love it. :evil:

Handles far better than the Alp you can feel that diff working. I took a mate out who who has a 996 C4, I think he may be swapping that soon.

Raining today, looks like some more DSC off fun for me :thumbsup:

I only wish I'd got one sooner, but then I'd have lost a fortune :thumbsup:

The Z4MC is a very well kept secret, And to think I'd even considered a Gayman, how stupid.

Off for a :driving: now.
Aston V8V

JayD

Post by JayD » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:02 pm

Nice one Shunt! Congratulations mate. Still dont understand the luke warm reviews for the coupe, its a total blast and very very good at what its supposed to do!

Hooligan is a great word for it.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

All Pina

Post by All Pina » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:22 am

Really pleased that you are happy with the swap Shunt - if you are like me, we will miss the drop top on an odd occasion but soon forgotton once who hit the twisty stuff. Let us know how you feel about the clutch action compared to the Alp?

I really got a chance to push mine this weekend, engine starting to loosen up and I am growing in confidence. My only minor gripe is that the suspension feels a bit "bouncy" (not sure what the technical phrase is). Not a show stopper but Sixspeed has suggested getting the springs swapped out for H&Rs, which will lower by a few cm too.

Have you got your CSLs sorted yet?

All Pina
The 3rd chapter in my Z4 odyssey - 35is Melbourne Red, Black Kansas, DCT, 326M 19"s.
Now the 4th chapter - SDrive20i M Sport Manual, Sapphire Black, Beige Kansas, 326Ms

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Pleased indeed, as you say drop top is nice, but the Coupe makes up for that in it's own way.

The clutch is a bit odd compared to the Alp, my wife was complaining of whip lash by the time we got home. Maybe I need to just get used to it, but I'm finding it difficult to make a smooth gearchange unless I'm really gentle with the throttle. I take it that's this CDV valve or whatever??

Mods haven't really started yet, although a stubby is on it's way. CSL's will be on at some point, but I don't think the OEM wheels are as bad in the flesh. I did look into CSL replicas last week, found a set for £575. But I'll have to wait a few months until the dust has settled!!

Looking forward to taking the twisty way home......... :driving:
Aston V8V

All Pina

Post by All Pina » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Yep - Sounds like you are suffering from the dreaded CDV clutch lag. You can get the stealth replacement for about £20 and Sixspeed's mate can fit it for you if you can get down to Surrey. Best thing I ever did, next to the CSLs of course.
The 3rd chapter in my Z4 odyssey - 35is Melbourne Red, Black Kansas, DCT, 326M 19"s.
Now the 4th chapter - SDrive20i M Sport Manual, Sapphire Black, Beige Kansas, 326Ms