Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cheap iphone wanted .

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Cheap iphone wanted .

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Not for me but for my daughter aged 18 who should not be left alone with a remote control let alone a £500 phone which she has just had stolen !!!
Her first trip away from home with her 2 friends to Majorca & she 's emailed to say she's had her bag snatched with her most precious possession (her iphone 5s) stolen that she has only had for 6 weeks .
Now i know she has no cash to replace it cause i gave her the 300euros spending money & her mother + grandmother shared the holiday cost so as post title :oops:
Anything with chips,damage or minor fault considered as long as its cheap & camera/internet works .
Things were definitely easier when they were infants :(
Maybe even do a deal for some alloys if you are considering a winterset or get rid of your shabby ones for a minty set ???
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

pvr
Legend
Legend

Re: Cheap iphone wanted .

Post by pvr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Not insured on travel insurance then? When my son's was stolen (Spanish islands must be having the most thefts of these things), I got the replacement for £60 excess from the insurance.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

pvr wrote:Not insured on travel insurance then? When my son's was stolen (Spanish islands must be having the most thefts of these things), I got the replacement for £60 excess from the insurance.
Apparently the basic travel insurance with the holiday has £100 excess on max £750 claim with no single item over £ 150 so virtually worthless insurance
If the serial number had been lodged with our gadget insurance through bank account then £50 excess would have seen a new phone but one of those things :cry:
it wasn't registered :thumbsdown:

Part of me wants her to learn a life lesson but then i also think the world is full of thieving tw^^5 so was it really her fault ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 pm

My bank dropped the registration requirement a couple of years ago though, it only aids the claim process - you might still be covered.

Which bank was this? Mine is through NatWest and the excess went from £50 to £60 recently.

I claimed for a sticky on/off button for an iPhone 5s as well and £60 got me a new one - cheaper than Apple's insurance.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 pm

pvr wrote:My bank dropped the registration requirement a couple of years ago though, it only aids the claim process - you might still be covered.

Which bank was this? Mine is through NatWest and the excess went from £50 to £60 recently.

I claimed for a sticky on/off button for an iPhone 5s as well and £60 got me a new one - cheaper than Apple's insurance.
Barclays Addition's Plus :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:28 am

mr wilks wrote:
Part of me wants her to learn a life lesson but then i also think the world is full of thieving tw^^5 so was it really her fault ?
That's awful, not only has she lost her phone but it's also put a big downer on her holiday.

The world is full of decent people, pity that there are some low life vermin around. So sorry.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Seal3.0

Post by Seal3.0 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Dark days Andy. At least she's okay though hey. :thumbsup:
03 53, 3.0i. BBK including lines.

nfarmer

Post by nfarmer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 pm

mr wilks wrote:Things were definitely easier when they were infants :(
Personal experience tells me the first 37 years are the worst, dont despair they turn into wonderful human beings along the way.

BUT you have the WEDDING to come at some point - if you think this episode was/is expensive just wait...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just married off the last of two daughters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But dont get me wrong I love 'em both to bits and wouldn't be without either of them worth every moment of worry and every penny!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks all , pick her up from the airport tomorrow .Having no phone so she's been internet cafe every night & think she's ready for home .
May be 18 but not as worldly wise as she thinks :oops:
Son is also on holiday but small bonus with that is i have the keys to his Golf Gti :) getting quite attached & better put some fuel in before he gets home :D
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

wegras

Post by wegras » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Hope every one with iPhone has Find my iPhone activated
Will render an iPhone as an iBrick it cannot ever be used without your Apple id .Apparently reduced theft of iPhones by 24% in London and similar in New York as those selling stolen goods are finding the market are realising
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Mr. Wilks, I have an iPhone 4s 16gb in black available after today. I am just waiting for my new 5s to arrive from EE. I have had the phone since new. Everything works properly without any problems. Doesn't have any screen cracks but does have one or two very minor marks on the surround, other than that it's in good condition. Perhaps you could PM me If you are interested. Hope this is of help. Cheers :D
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 am

MerBrook wrote:Hi Mr. Wilks, I have an iPhone 4s 16gb in black available after today. I am just waiting for my new 5s to arrive from EE. I have had the phone since new. Everything works properly without any problems. Doesn't have any screen cracks but does have one or two very minor marks on the surround, other than that it's in good condition. Perhaps you could PM me If you are interested. Hope this is of help. Cheers :D
Thanks mate / PM sent :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

wegras

Post by wegras » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:03 pm

MerBrook wrote:Hi Mr. Wilks, I have an iPhone 4s 16gb in black available after today. I am just waiting for my new 5s to arrive from EE. I have had the phone since new. Everything works properly without any problems. Doesn't have any screen cracks but does have one or two very minor marks on the surround, other than that it's in good condition. Perhaps you could PM me If you are interested. Hope this is of help. Cheers :D
Make sure you get EE to release the carrier lock before
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Will holiday insurance cover the theft?

I know how you feel, my daughter lost two expensive gold necklaces at university many years ago. The insurance coughed up but although I was furious with her , the insurance people calmed me as they said no physical harm had been done!

Part of growin up I'm afraid and a lesson learned - hopefully.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: