Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Battery issue or normal behaviour ?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
gedo

Battery issue or normal behaviour ?

Post by gedo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 pm

With holidays and what have you my car has sat for 1 month in the garage. Was going to use it for work today and the battery was flat. On the charger now but I was wondering if this was normal ? My Z3 used to cope with this length of un-use and I only used the trickle charger during winter. Was wondering if the alarm would be a factor ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maxman

Re: Battery issue or normal behaviour ?

Post by maxman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

If your battery is the original one ,I think you are asking a lot of it.
If mine is not been used in a two week period It would be left on a trickle charge.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

depending on the age and condition of the battery, I wouldn't say it's unexpected.
my old original battery would die after three weeks of inactivity.

however, I've left my car with a new battery fitted for 4 weeks without an issue...
:zzzz:

Zonder

Post by Zonder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 pm

You can check with a volt meter to determine if there is a problem with the battery but I can't remember what to look for am sure someone will post the info :)

But I would expect it to be flat or only just turning it over if an original battery. Prob nothing to worry about and like mentioned if leaving it for a while use a trickle charger.
06 Black 3.0si Coupé
Mods: Stubby, Black Kidney Grills, Debadged, Full sound system / navigation replacement (in progress), Wrapped interior trims (in progress)