Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DSC and Yellow Brake Warning Light Permanently on?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Tube Screamer

DSC and Yellow Brake Warning Light Permanently on?

Post by Tube Screamer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could possibly help me out with some information regarding a couple of dash warning light which came on yesterday on my 2003 2.5 Z4 Roadster;

Yesterday whilst parking up at the side of a road next to a grass verge, the front drivers side wheel slipped off the edge of the road and onto the grass verge (I hadn't even realised there was a drop, as it was hidden by the grass). The drop couldn't have been more than a maximum of 2.5 inches, nowhere near the size of a curb stone, and is possibly unrelated to the warning lights, but upon restarting the car after approx 20 minutes of being parked up, I heard an audible beeping sound accompanied by two warning lights. One is an exclamation mark inside a triangle surrounded by a circular arrow showing an anti clockwise rotation (I checked the owners manual to find that this is in fact the DSC warning light), and also the parking brake light, but illuminated in yellow.

I really don't know if these lights are related to the drop or not, but I can't imagine that it actually damaged something unless it was made from cardboard. The drop was so small, and didn't catch anything.. the wheel simply flipped down a couple of inches on to the grass. I was virtually stopped when it slipped down.

At worst, I was just wondering if it could have slightly disturbed one of the sensors. I did a bit of research online and someone with a similar problem was advised to try disconnecting the battery for 20 mins, then to reconnect and turn the steering from lock to lock to reset the steering angle sensor. I tried this, but unfortunately with no luck as the lights still remained illuminated.

It could be that the warning lights and the wheel dropping incident are completely unrelated and merely a coincidence, but with it happening straight after, it just made me wonder if it had something to do with it.

I have removed the front wheel in question.. everything looks perfect and clean, and the sensor plug is also clean and dry without any signs of fault.

I was just hoping that someone might be able to help me out with some advice on what I could possibly try next?

Any help would be much appreciated

Russ

BettyBmw03

Re: DSC and Yellow Brake Warning Light Permanently on?

Post by BettyBmw03 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi, I have this same issue. Did you figure out the problem? I have read other forums that the 2 master cylinder brake sensors for the rear wheel are the problem...

jan_tekin

Re: DSC and Yellow Brake Warning Light Permanently on?

Post by jan_tekin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Try finding someone with a code reader, I brought one from BMcables and mine turned out to be a rear ABS sensor, fitted today and all the lights turned out :D
Current: M135i
Sold:3.0lsi Sport Roadster, Xenons,Heated seats, blutooth, Hi Fi,Comfort Pack, Cruse Control, Stormworks ST1
Gear Knob, Stubby, KW V2s, 224s