Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Calibre wheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
goon

Calibre wheels

Post by goon » Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Has anyone fitted them to their cars,I love the look of the ccv wheel but havent seen them in the flesh so dont know about the quality etc.( some wheels I saw at a show were awful quality,the inner rim was very rough like sandpaper/overspray and would not look good after even 6 months of use).

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Calibre wheels

Post by AlanJ » Mon May 05, 2014 4:48 pm

///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

goon

Post by goon » Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 pm

AlanJ wrote:Take it you mean these:
http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel- ... px?ID=2905
Yes indeed a wheel with an industrial strength look about it.

goon

Post by goon » Wed May 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Only thing now is I'm confused with offsets etc,the calibre ones do not match the existing BMW spec,can get the fronts close with a stickout of 13mm in 18"x8.5,but the rears are nowhere near in the wider staggered setup witha stickout of 9mm and an internal stickout of 29mm in 18"x9.5 which may be too much inside the arch. Using the 18"x8.5 on rear takes this to a stickout of 1.3mm and internal stickout of 11.4mm. These figures were obtained using online wheel and tyre calulator which I assume to be accurate. Never done this wheel change before and hopefully looking for some experienced advice on the matter or do I look for a different wheel which would be a shame as these have really caught my imagination. Thanks.