Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3.0l coupe strange noise changing gear

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
welsh1

Re: 3.0l coupe strange noise changing gear

Post by welsh1 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:46 pm

And as the temp gauge was so up and down I thought it must be a sensor error. So glad I had the warranty still or might have driven it somewhere....

So yeh warning to people if u temp Gauge acts erratically might be ur pump

welsh1

Post by welsh1 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:49 pm

And gyro jut had the diagnosis from the garage. Apparently they were dealing in with bmw Germany again. They are now flushing out the gear box. They will do this twice at certain temperatures then replace the fluid with new and improved stuff (more additives). So fingers crossed. Assume if this doesn't fix it then the gearbox is done for? Hope that's a warranty item

Gyro433

Post by Gyro433 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks Welsh for the update.

Talked to my mechanic yesterday to take an appointment. (he used to work for BMW in France before moving to Canada and start his own shop). I explained the noise and the problem, mine is more frequent when my transmission kicks down. He seems aware of the issue and mentioned that some Z4 had transmissions made by GM. Not sure yet which one I have, he will be able to tell when he looks at it. I told him I wanted to get transmission oil and differential oil changed and he agreed that would be a good start. I hope this will fix your problem and mine.

I travel quite a bit and spend a lot of time in London, I do see a lot more coupes in Europe compare to North America. I saw the first one here yesterday in my neighborhood after two years of ownership. The beer in England tastes much better for some reason.

Gyro

welsh1

Post by welsh1 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi mate just a quickie, the noise seems to have gone fingers crossed. Getting invoice soon, will post exactly what they did. Flushed out the gearbox is what I was told..

Gyro433

Post by Gyro433 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:10 am

Great news,

Yes I am really interested in what they did. I have an appointment on Wednesday to have it looked at.

Cheers

Gyro433

Post by Gyro433 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Welsh, any more update on your issue ?

Thanks