Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cannonball Run Europe

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Cannonball Run Europe

Post by Woots » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

always wanted to do it, but its not something the mrs has any interest in, may or may not be able to enter it this year as the dates which are yet to be announced may clash with work....

But has anyone else considered??
If i dont do it this year im almost def gonna do it next year (assuming im not deployed) which would give me more time to save and practice partying for an entire week.....

Anyway ive sent off for application for this years event anyway in the hope work doesnt clash...

All i'd need is a co pilot with the other half of the 6500 entry fee :lol: plus spending money and fines obv....
Lotus Exige 350

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Cannonball Run Europe

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:55 pm

£3250 as a 50% share??? You can get an ace holiday for that sort of money. Bloody Hell!
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:£3250 as a 50% share??? You can get an ace holiday for that sort of money. Bloody Hell!
which is EXACTLY what this is :lol:
Lotus Exige 350

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm

A co-worker did this and somehow managed to get it sponsored by work (and was fired shortly afterwards) but I'll see if I can find any record of the carnage. He said it was a "do it, tick the box, never again" thing
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:A co-worker did this and somehow managed to get it sponsored by work (and was fired shortly afterwards) but I'll see if I can find any record of the carnage. He said it was a "do it, tick the box, never again" thing
oh yeh im in no doubt its a once in a lifetime thing....

not sure if the navy will sponsor it even if i covered the car in naval ensigns and played music by the royal marines band for the week...
Lotus Exige 350

JaEdBa

Post by JaEdBa » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Woots wrote:
Stuart Truman wrote:A co-worker did this and somehow managed to get it sponsored by work (and was fired shortly afterwards) but I'll see if I can find any record of the carnage. He said it was a "do it, tick the box, never again" thing
oh yeh im in no doubt its a once in a lifetime thing....

not sure if the navy will sponsor it even if i covered the car in naval ensigns and played music by the royal marines band for the week...
get prince harry on board.

and cover the car in swastikas.... :P

^^this was a joke, in case anyone thinks otherwise.. :)

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

It was done around a product launch. From the product review I quite liked this line...

"we can report with authority that where there are fast cars, there will be beer-gutted men surrounded by nubile women wearing very little clothing"

I can't see the attraction... :lol:

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I was watching the cannonball 2000 DVD 2012 this afternoon & there was a imola red M coupe in it 56 plate & I wondered if it was anyone on here? It looked great all stickered up :)

I would love to do the event it looks so much fun with all the party's & wonderful cars that take part :D
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

ESP

Post by ESP » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:45 am

From previously working in Modified Car Media and going on the 2007 Gumball 3000, 2008 Cannon Ball run, and the 2009 ModBall Rally, i would HIGHLY recommend going!! Im getting married this year and think its pretty safe to say i wont ever be aloud to do any road trips like this again, but glad i did when i did. :driving:

Whats the route for 2013?
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 am

Gumball 3000 is around £40k isnt it? Covers accomodation and any shipping. Watched the startline in London for the 2007 event. Always wanted to do one ever since I was a kid. Ideally also in a Countach or black Mitsubishi Starion :thumbsup:

Edit: just been on the website. Some cool images on there.

http://www.gumball3000.com/

Costs are slight lower than I thought. £30k.

Q - How much does the rally cost and what do I get for the Entry Fee?

A - The rally costs £30,000 to enter, this buys entry for 2 people taking part in one Supercar. The fee covers luxury hotel rooms from the night of the 18th May to the night of the 26th May, food at the hotels and check points, entry to all the amazing Gumball parties and tickets for you and your co-driver to the one and only Monaco Grand Prix!.....What it doesn't include is transport to or from the start/finish points, gas (or petrol if you're English), drinks inside the parties, any extra food you buy or room service, insurance or car rental.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 am

inkey$ wrote:

A - The rally costs £30,000 to enter, this buys entry for 2 people taking part in one Supercar. The fee covers luxury hotel rooms from the night of the 18th May to the night of the 26th May, food at the hotels and check points, entry to all the amazing Gumball parties and tickets for you and your co-driver to the one and only Monaco Grand Prix!.....What it doesn't include is transport to or from the start/finish points, gas (or petrol if you're English), drinks inside the parties, any extra food you buy or room service, insurance or car rental.
:o for that reason, I'm out!

When we were on the Eurostar the other year there was a Z8 all stickered up and a guy with a dolly bird in the car behind us, we were in the Gulf Peugeot Banger for the Wacky Rally, one end of the scale to the other!! :lol:
Last edited by Darren Slone on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 am

Darren Slone wrote:
inkey$ wrote:

:o for that reason, I'm out!

When we were on the Eurostar last year there was a Z8 all stickered up and a guy with a dolly bird in the car behind us, we were in the Gulf Peugeot Banger for the Wacky Rally, one end of the scale to the other!! :lol:
Would love to do the banger version!
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

If I've read that right Inkey$ you would love to go to the banger version!

Great fun, the company we went with do two events per year, Barmy to Barcelona and Potty to Prague, we had a right laugh!

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - My other Z

Woody

Post by Woody » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

What happened to the 'TO55ER' when you got back?!

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 am

We scrapped it in Barcelona and put the money to our chosen charity, met with our wives and flew back :-)

The plate as you may have seen previously gets put on each others cars periodically :-))

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - My other Z