Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Medium wave

FabZ4

Medium wave

Post by FabZ4 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I just have the basic radio but seem to have lost all reception on medium wave....anyone else had this problem?
3.0i black sapphire, coral red leather heated sports seats, auto, paddles, 293 alloys, bluetooth, elec fold mirrors, auto lights.wipers, PDC

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Medium wave

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm

The AM radio uses the rear wing mounted aerial, have you changed to a different one?
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

FabZ4

Post by FabZ4 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:The AM radio uses the rear wing mounted aerial, have you changed to a different one?
Nope still the original....no stubby for me!
3.0i black sapphire, coral red leather heated sports seats, auto, paddles, 293 alloys, bluetooth, elec fold mirrors, auto lights.wipers, PDC

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

I can't remember the connections to the back of the head unit. IIRC there's only one antennae connection, but there are definitely different antennae for AM and FM so I'm wondering if there's a splitter somewhere where the two separate...

I'm sure there will be someone on here who can help with more info
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue