Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Great South West Run...

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
mad4slalom

Re: The Great South West Run...

Post by mad4slalom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm

SOUTH WEST ? I thought you guys were coming to cornwall for a minute ! cheddar ? them don iven sell paaasties op therr !!! oi'd better ave out me paaaassssport if ahmmm goona cross the bleddy tamar! :rofl:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 pm

:rofl: :rofl: that's funny :D
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:Are you talking about a recce run? Will need to check the diary. Work has a habit of arranging Monday meetings requiring a Sunday flight. I need to have a word...
Could do...was trying to gauge interest and stuff. Short notice though I know. A little selfish too I suppose, as after the 3rd of March my next free weekend is in May!! So was just seeing who if anyone was up for this next Sunday? How awesome would the Imola M in Coup and Roadster form look on a run, yours has 60k miles less though :lol:

So, anyone *definitely* up for this...?!

Shappers

Post by Shappers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

If you're ever planning a south wales run, may I be as bold as to suggest a run up through the A466 from Chepstow to Monmouth. It follows the Wye River, and has some fantastic riverbank views....!
Z4C Fund: 83%

SynapticFire

Post by SynapticFire » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Shappers wrote:If you're ever planning a south wales run, may I be as bold as to suggest a run up through the A466 from Chepstow to Monmouth. It follows the Wye River, and has some fantastic riverbank views....!
I love that road! Used to take the E46 out on a sunny day when visiting the parents.
Buying a used BMW? Whatever you do, don't use HS Cars Ltd. Here's why!

den5ap

Post by den5ap » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Shappers wrote:If you're ever planning a south wales run, may I be as bold as to suggest a run up through the A466 from Chepstow to Monmouth. It follows the Wye River, and has some fantastic riverbank views....!
I can vouch for that road. Brilliant landscapes
dain bramaged??!! ///M Coupe

big_al

Post by big_al » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 am

Woody wrote:
Stuart Truman wrote:Are you talking about a recce run? Will need to check the diary. Work has a habit of arranging Monday meetings requiring a Sunday flight. I need to have a word...
Could do...was trying to gauge interest and stuff. Short notice though I know. A little selfish too I suppose, as after the 3rd of March my next free weekend is in May!! So was just seeing who if anyone was up for this next Sunday? How awesome would the Imola M in Coup and Roadster form look on a run, yours has 60k miles less though :lol:

So, anyone *definitely* up for this...?!
Change of plans - I'm now free tomorrow and up for this if anyone's going!?!?

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 am

Needs a reset on timing. My diary is a mess with work so I might need to pass the baton to someone who fancies organising. The Cheddar Gorge is a great drive and anyone with a sporty exhaust will love it (although the locals may build a wicker z4 and burn us all)

The South Wales road suggested is also a beaut, I've driven that a few times in an older working life

So if anyone local wants to take this on I'll help where I can, but at the moment I have too many other commitments :(
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:27 am

big_al wrote:Change of plans - I'm now free tomorrow and up for this if anyone's going!?!?
Hey Al, just seen your post. Didn't really get any interest so haven't checked here for a while, and now Stu has bailed (boooo :lol: ) someone needs to take on the organisation of it, if people actually want a SW meet that is of course! Anyhow, I've got some work to do this morning and stuff but might head out for a hoon this afternoon, about 2pm-3pm. Not sure where and for how long but fancy a spin, sooooo I'll check back here later, no doubt it'll be another :tumbleweed: moment :D

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 am

I'm still up for a meet there Woody , as you say it is all just a little quiet for some reason ATM. I'd need to settle on a date as it will take me an hour and a half to get there as I'm over Newbury way, used to live in Bath so it used to be much closer :|

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

Shappers

Post by Shappers » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

Did a run through burrington and then through cheddar yesterday in te Yaris... Great route!
Z4C Fund: 83%