Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Great South West Run...

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

The Great South West Run...

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Chatting with Woo7dy earlier about a possible run, so just putting out feelers to see if anyone would fancy a run around the Bristol and South Wales area, probably in the new year now as Ruby has her run later this month and December is going to be busy for most.

Early thoughts are, down the Cheddar Gorge road, across the second Severn crossing, a bit of a hoon in South Wales and back across the original Severn Bridge. Actual route to be tightened up if there's interest and ideas. I drove the Cheddar route a few months back and recorded it on the GoPro but never got around to posting it. I'll try and sort it out and upload it later, it's a fantastic little winding road and if done out of season, should be fun. :driving:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Re: The Great South West Run...

Post by Woots » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Weather dependent...sure why not :lol:
Lotus Exige 350

RLiu

Post by RLiu » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm

YES Yes yes
Z4c•57•Auto•Carbon Black•Piano Black interior•Sports Packages•Premium Packages•Comfort Pack•18” MV2 Style Alloys•BMW Pro SatNav•Bluetooth•Auto Air Con•Parking Distance Control•Automatic Lights/Wipers•Auto dim interior mirror.

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 pm

OK As we get closer to new year, I'll start looking at the medium term weather. My thoughts are the 20th of January. That should allow most people to have got through Christmas and New year commitments and holidays.

I'll add driving along the front at Weston Super Mare to the list...

Now we need some locals to chime in with ideas.
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Weekend before my Bday, so feel free for everyone to chip in and buy me a carbon air filter... :lol:
Lotus Exige 350

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Me in! I've always wanted to go to the cheddar gorge. Can we stop at a cheeserie so I can buy some original :)
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Yessss well done Stuart :thumbsup: :)

As you can guess, I'm in!

There are some great driving roads in South Wales, Cheddar is very picturesque but is windy, lots of foot traffic and understandably limited to 40mph (I think, might be 50?) but I guess we're not going racing...?!

W-S-M has donkey rides and 6 inch ice creams so it's all good.

Lots of members round this area now as I understand so should be a good turnout :)
Last edited by Woody on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm

No driving on the sands then, Stuart? :)
Not sure if the cheese company's open in January though, as some of the shops don't open in the close season iirc

Tapatalking...
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I would love to do this, can't beat a good gorge... Still rugby season though, and I feel guilty enough taking a Sunday off to go on Ruby's Hoon :(
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm

RubyBlueZ4MC wrote:Me in! I've always wanted to go to the cheddar gorge. Can we stop at a cheeserie so I can buy some original :)
There's plenty of parking at the bottom, although I think it's a bit Tourist Price if you buy there. I'm sure there will be plenty of places to look at. There certainly won't be any racing. I tried 3 times to get a clear-ish run filmed, the best I got was following a metallic Orange Kia 4x4 down the hill. Just updating my video software so will post it later this week. Off to see Skyfall in a minute :D

john222

Post by john222 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm

i'm in! love the gorge :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Is the cheddar gorge where people start throwing themselves down a hill after a rolling cheese? What time of year is that? I want to see it.
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 2dogs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 pm

RubyBlueZ4MC wrote:Is the cheddar gorge where people start throwing themselves down a hill after a rolling cheese? What time of year is that? I want to see it.
No, not here :rofl:

Blue Z4MC - now gone

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Yowza... January or February? Most of January will be no but February yes yes yes... especially if its round the Breacon Beacon back roads... if they're open now I have my winter boots on...

Cheers

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm

2dogs wrote:
RubyBlueZ4MC wrote:Is the cheddar gorge where people start throwing themselves down a hill after a rolling cheese? What time of year is that? I want to see it.
No, not here :rofl:

:lol:
That is insanity! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. On second thoughts I'm better off watching in on my laptop as I'd probably have to muck in and help sort injuries...not ideal for a day off.
Borat was funny. Cheered me up on a boring Sunday evening.