Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

East Coast Gathering Aug 11th (PA, DE, MD tri-state Cruise)

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
flyboyaj

East Coast Gathering Aug 11th (PA, DE, MD tri-state Cruise)

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:48 pm

So when are we all going to get together again for some BBQ and tantalizing the local cops??? I need an excuse to polish up the Zed before Homecoming!

Anyone know of any get togethers?

[edit] See below for details of the Aug 11th Crab Cruise
Last edited by flyboyaj on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member ZSCCA

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:47 pm

I'm in except from July 28 to Aug 11.... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:49 pm

WLH you are going to miss the Crab Cruise on 11 Aug?
Member ZSCCA

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:55 pm

flyboyaj wrote:WLH you are going to miss the Crab Cruise on 11 Aug?
I guess as I will be returning on that date...

What to borrow my talk about?

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Next weekend I will, I need to get off my lazy bum and go out and just buy a good pair for myself. I still haven't ordered that armrest from Andy yet either. Just being lazy.
Member ZSCCA

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:23 pm

flyboyaj wrote:Next weekend I will, I need to get off my lazy bum and go out and just buy a good pair for myself. I still haven't ordered that armrest from Andy yet either. Just being lazy.
Well get with it... :driving:

ay8306

Post by ay8306 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm in for a Southern New England/New York area gathering.
2006 Z4 3.0si Sapphire Black/Dream Red

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:04 pm

WLH wrote: What to borrow my talk about?
Ok, I'll bite... what's a "talk about"... is that like a CB or something?

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
Actually is refered to as a GMRS but usually called Talkabout. It's I guess like a CB but different frequencies. 22 channels and 99 privacy codes. Has about a 2 to maybe 5 mile range.

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:31 pm

If y'all have Nextel's (I know, they suck sometimes but...), there is an option on them you can use that's just like a walkie-talkie. It's really neat and works much better then the alert/call button.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:43 pm

fire-n-ice wrote:If y'all have Nextel's (I know, they suck sometimes but...), there is an option on them you can use that's just like a walkie-talkie. It's really neat and works much better then the alert/call button.
Nextel's not real popular in this area except with emergency service and the PT feature must be set-up for all concerned. Because I works in emergency service I have a Nextel but quite frankly they sucks.

The talkabout's actually work quite well for runs as they are inexpensive, work pretty well and will function on one charge for 8 or more hours.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:26 pm

WLH wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:
Actually is refered to as a GMRS but usually called Talkabout. It's I guess like a CB but different frequencies. 22 channels and 99 privacy codes. Has about a 2 to maybe 5 mile range.
Gotcha... those are illegal over here :(

We are allowed low power crap ones, but what's the point?!
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:51 am

flyboyaj wrote:Next weekend I will, I need to get off my lazy bum and go out and just buy a good pair for myself. I still haven't ordered that armrest from Andy yet either. Just being lazy.
The arm rest is SO great. I took mine out when I had my car detailed and I had a hard time shifting without it. You will love it..i promise.

em2b96p

Post by em2b96p » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:49 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
WLH wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:
Gotcha... those are illegal over here :(

We are allowed low power crap ones, but what's the point?!

just curious... why are they illegal?

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:43 am

Kewl new Meet's and Events section, Jim. THANKS! And thanks for moving this thread to this section!!!

Anyone interested in the Crab Cruise on Aug 11? Here are the details:

9th Annual Tri-State Crab Feast

BMW Z3, Z4, Z8 and ///M Roadster & Coupe Cruise

Come on down to the Boondocks and join us for the 10th Anniversary (9th Annual) Crab Cruise (AKA Tri-State Crab Feast Cruise) on Saturday, August 11th (rain date Sunday, August 12th).

It all starts at the Winterthur Museum parking lot (6 miles NW off I-95 exit 7 on SR 52 in Wilmington, DE)

We head west through Northern Delaware estates and Southeastern Pennsylvania mushroom farms.

The route then turns south for lunch and a swim at Elk Neck State Park along the Chesapeake Bay. Bring a picnic basket (FYI – Day Use Service Charge is Weekends and Holidays April-October $3 per person; Out-of-state residents add $1.).

After lunch the drive continues east with a stop in historic Chesapeake City, passes by Maryland horse farms, reenters Delaware and heads south on SR 9 along the Delaware Bay ending at the Boondocks Restaurant just east of Smyrna for our crab feast.

The route includes almost every covered bridge in Delaware (two out of three) and three more in Pennsylvania. And, the crabs are great. We hope anyone able to commandeer a Z3/Z4/Z8 or ///M Roadster or Coup will join us.

Time:

Plan to arrive at 9:30 with a full tank of gas. We’ll have a short pre-cruise meeting at 9:45 and leave at 10:00 AM sharp.

Elk Neck State Park, Maryland – on the Chesapeake Bay:

Bring swim suit, towels and inflatable beach toys if you’d like to get wet (Important: at least one person from each car must get in up to their knees). This is also our lunch stop (with picnic tables and first class indoor plumbing including showers).

Chesapeake City:

Our early afternoon stop is on the National Historic Registry, as well as Maryland's Historic Registry. The town has many restored historic homes and shops, and galleries, featuring hand-painted originals and prints, antiques, collectibles, clothing, gifts and crafts. We’ll stop for exploring, ice cream cones, watching traffic along the canal, and picking out a nice bed & breakfast for a return visit.

Crab Feast:

The Boondocks, Smyrna, Delaware has fantastic crabs and plenty of other choices for non-crab lovers.

Lodging:

If you’d like to come early or stay late, E-Mail me for suggestions on where to stay.

Check out the Crab Cruise web page. And, please email Dennis at (contact FLYBOYAJ via PM for email address) to express your interest and receive further info as it becomes available.
Member ZSCCA