Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Do you look at weather reports before you wash your zed?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: Do you look at weather reports before you wash your zed?

Post by Bing » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am

Yes, though often 'looking out of the window' works for me... And with Operation Auntie Ned complete I am now able to complete drying and polishing under cover... In fact my car is very excited that it will be getting it's first wax very soon :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:32 am

I always check the weather forecast to make sure it won't rain on the day I'm doing it. Beyond that I'm not too concerned.

In fact both my Honda Civic daily snotter and the Z4MC may well get a wash today - forecast 11c and cloudy (but dry) where I am. Perfect washing weather.

I'm also going to have a play with my new Megs G220v2 today on the Civic - just going to wash, clay and machine polish/wax the bonnet so I can get used to it. :thumbsup:

Cassie-UK

Post by Cassie-UK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I saw the weather report and promptly ignored it because the sun's been shining all morning, I'm at home, etc so I gave my new Z her first polish, after a good wash and dry. The post man walked by and said 'that's a nice car you've got there!', and someone else drove by quite slowly gawking at my car :D

On a side note, I'm KNACKERED! lol. I must be getting old :(
2005 3.0 SE / Black Leather / Heated Electric Seats w Driver Memory / Rear Parking Sensor / Prof Sat Nav / Loads of Fun!

ZeeFore

Post by ZeeFore » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am

I normally check ... not that it always helps because the weather reports are often sooo wrong.

Tomorrow, for example, is car washing day! And it has been a while because the weather has been so cr*p so consistently that it has been almost impossible to get a clear day that isn't sub-zero to wash on.
The forecast for tomorrow is cloudy with a max. temperature of around 7°C. That'll do. The forecast for the following two days is cloudy with occasional snow (ugh). So, a nice wash and clean tomorrow, then the Zed goes under its cover for a few days until the weather clears up again.

Really, really hating this winter. :x
_/_/_/ E85 2.5i Roadster in Sterling Grey containing 1 large Aussie driving around Japan _/_/_/

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Wash my car in the garage so no need to look at the weather report :)

ZeeFore

Post by ZeeFore » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 am

UPDATE: Woke up on car washing day, today, which I'v been planning for for a week, to find that it's P*SSING DOWN!

:headbang:
_/_/_/ E85 2.5i Roadster in Sterling Grey containing 1 large Aussie driving around Japan _/_/_/

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I feel your pain! :(
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.