Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lake district or Yorkshire Dales?

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
mason storm

Lake district or Yorkshire Dales?

Post by mason storm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Still considering all my options for my Scottish road trip, part of that is which route I should take to Scotland so as to make the journey more intersting. Last time I stopped of at the Lake district but I'm wondering if this time I should try the Yorkshire Dales. I haven't much experiance of yorkshire so any advice is welcome.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

Wondermike

Re: Lake district or Yorkshire Dales?

Post by Wondermike » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Nice to go through North Yorks then pick up the A68 then stay on it to Edinburgh or go off on some of the smaller roads, for a bit of a change.

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Wondermike wrote:Nice to go through North Yorks then pick up the A68 then stay on it to Edinburgh or go off on some of the smaller roads, for a bit of a change.
cheers I think i may try that this time, is the A68 nice to drive then?
2.5se Roadster - First Z

MalcZ4

Post by MalcZ4 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Wondermike wrote:Nice to go through North Yorks then pick up the A68 then stay on it to Edinburgh or go off on some of the smaller roads, for a bit of a change.
Just watch out for speed cameras on A68. :headbang:

roofless

Post by roofless » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:36 am

Not had much experience of the Dales but if you have time Whitby is nice and apparently Robin Hood Bay (i think) near whitby supposed to be pretty.
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 am

Okay I might be slightly biased, but North Yorkshire is beautiful, either the Dales on the west or the Moors in the east. As for finding good driving roads I find the best way is to use the shortest distance between the start and finish, you will then stumble on places and sights off the beaten track.

But I hope you have fun wherever you venture.
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:09 pm

sars wrote:Okay I might be slightly biased, but North Yorkshire is beautiful, either the Dales on the west or the Moors in the east. As for finding good driving roads I find the best way is to use the shortest distance between the start and finish, you will then stumble on places and sights off the beaten track.

But I hope you have fun wherever you venture.

Thanks for that, i will have to do this another time now as i've now decide to go back to France in the hope of better weather. But rest assured I will get round to this some time soon
2.5se Roadster - First Z

Cyscrofer

Post by Cyscrofer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Hiya all,

Im up for a dales run some time. :thumbsup:
Speaking with one of the members today at Power flow (nice to meet you and hope your exhaust sounds as good as it looks)
the guy mentioned camping in the lakes early this year, did any of you guys go and if so any plans to do again?

Is anyone planning a run yorkshire wise that I can tag allong or are there any meets local to Doncaster?

cysty :driving:

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 pm

a change is good, try the dales this time :thumbsup: