Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

London Out Of Control

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nosa

Re: London Out Of Control

Post by Nosa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

2 policemen armed with fully automatic machine guns with full permission to shoot looters and rioters, I would wager the scumbag cowards would think twice.

Unless i am mistaken if Marshall law is imposed then don't the authorities then have the right to use lethal force???

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:46 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
Darren M wrote: I remember reading an article a while back about the current economic problems we're having and this kind of behavior was predicted. Cant be blamed 100% but probably has contributed. If we were in a world where everything was rosy, the banks and even our own governments hadn't helped cause the problems we're in, maybe certain areas of society wouldn't be so quick to 'kick off'
Nonsense... the people kicking off are kicking off because it's a laugh for them and they can get free watches, jewellery, TV's etc... it's just like the education situation where things kicked off... are you telling me any of those people setting fires were actually eligible for University in the first place???! Idiots came in from all ove the country specifically to cause trouble.

These people are not kicking off in response to the economic situation, they're just using it as a poor excuse.

I'm fed up of people criticising cut-backs for civil unrest... at the end of the day the cut-backs are needed, and the press need to stop bleeting about it being "unfair", as they are just pouring fuel on the fire for these idiots to use it as justification for their violence.

As for the economic situation, it's those of us with jobs at risk, mortgages etc that are feeling the economic situation...I'll bet 90% of these idiots on the streets are on the dole... safest pay packet ever!

<rant over>
Spot on :thumbsdown:
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

TINO

Post by TINO » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 pm

I rember a guy called Enoch!! :headbang:
sterling grey ,red skins,, big wheels crap tyres sunny side up 2.2 female.
The middle of the road is a dangerous place you have to take sides.Image

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Jocky wrote: That or we're all going to have to patrol the streets with cricket bats and hockey sticks...

Stay safe peoples.
Am never one to go looking for trouble, but if it comes knocking make sure you've spoken to all your neighbours to join you on the street, call the police & say there's a baying mob of neighbours that's had enough & are about to lynch some scroats if they don't turn up.

s**t happens, not asking for everyone to become a Charles Bronson but standing by & doing nothing makes the unacceptable become acceptable in your own neighbourhood.

The Rozzer's aren't perfect, but they now need our help & support more than ever.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

wegras

Post by wegras » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm

TINO wrote:I rember a guy called Enoch!! :headbang:

And so do I ............
2007 Z4 3.0 si Sport Auto Monaco Blue Roadster / 2013 X1 2.5d Auto M Sport White
1st BMW a 2002 when they were current ..! and wife has a 2014 Mini Cooper auto
All BMW family

Dev

Post by Dev » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 pm

wegras wrote:
TINO wrote:I rember a guy called Enoch!! :headbang:
And so do I ............
and what point are you making? :?
2003 E85 Z4 3.0 Titanium Silver

nicko

Post by nicko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Nosa wrote:Unless i am mistaken if Marshall law is imposed then don't the authorities then have the right to use lethal force???
probably not even then, except in self-defence.
although you'd have to expect some accidents once you do authorise gunfire

"Typically, the imposition of martial law accompanies curfews, the suspension of civil law, civil rights, habeas corpus, and the application or extension of military law or military justice to civilians. Civilians defying martial law may be subjected to military tribunal (court-martial)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law
56 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport, Montego Blue, Champagne Leather, 135Ms, ZHP

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm

I live in Ealing, but am in Dubai or 2 weeks working, and of course worried about my house, neighbours and cars etc....and I live right next to the town centre....

Worried and I'm not even there......

nicko

Post by nicko » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 pm

then again, it would appear to be legal right now (as long as it was necessary)

Article 2 European Convention on Human Rights

1. Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law. No one shall be deprived of his life intentionally save in the execution of a sentence of a court following his conviction of a crime for which this penalty is provided by law.

2. Deprivation of life shall not be regarded as inflicted in contravention of this article when it results from the use of force which is no more than absolutely necessary:
a) in defence of any person from unlawful violence;
b) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent the escape of a person lawfully detained;
c) in action lawfully taken for the purpose of quelling a riot or insurrection.
56 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport, Montego Blue, Champagne Leather, 135Ms, ZHP

roofless

Post by roofless » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:09 pm

There is no excuse for it, these to~~ers should see what life is for a huge chunk of the worlds population, the majority of people in this country have a far better life than so many out there, we hand it to a lot of them on a plate and still they're not happy - and we keep paying for it.

Every person who is convicted of an offence from this riot should have the court costs and prison costs paid by their family, parents, aunts, cousins, brother, sisters - make em all pay and then see how they feel about the little scrungers going out and breaking the law. If we passed that as a law i think more people would step in to stop the gits. You want to break the law, you get caught so we sell your designer clobber, your x-box, your gold jewellry until we've got the payment for our costs and if that doesn't cover it mum and dad and all the others can, then see what they think of your antics!!!

We plan to load our students with debt well let the criminals pay theirs!!

And for my final two penneth:- if you break the law, you choose to say that the law doesn't apply to you - then it doesn't apply to protect you - you shouldn't have it both ways!! Nothing is too strong a punishment for what we're seeing at the moment!
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

RichardG

Post by RichardG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Funny (for want of a better expression) watching the reaction by some of the locals to the events unfolding in the UK whilst over the here US, I'm being asked 'If that guy getting shot by the Police kicked it all off' when I reply 'It looks like it' all I hear is 'Sh1t man happens here all the time, some asshole being shot by the Police that is' generally followed by why don't we send in the National Guard. I then have to explain we don't have a National Guard and if we did go in to hard, the Scum would take the Authoritys to the European Court of Human Rights and win huge paymouts, this is usually met by lots of headshaking.
Makes one proud. :headbang:

My thoughts and best wishes (for what they are worth) to anyone unintentially caught up in it all.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

DrNick

Post by DrNick » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

And for my final two penneth:- if you break the law, you choose to say that the law doesn't apply to you - then it doesn't apply to protect you - you shouldn't have it both ways!! Nothing is too strong a punishment for what we're seeing at the moment!
:thumbsup:

Its the police and other emergency services I really feel for - they are just normal human beings performing heroically in abominable circumstances - and yet what does the press do...criticise criticise criticise - also sickening.

The waste of space perpetrators of these heinous crimes deserve to rot
2007 Carbon Black 2.0 Sport + comfort pack + bluetooth - Loved and not forgotten!
2012 E89 Space Grey M Sport 2.0 Auto - need to update signature!

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

ga41 wrote:
aquazi wrote: That's well shocking.... I work in Ireland and my colleages here say if that happened here the garde would use rubber bullets/ tear gas.... The problem I see though as that I'd say the majority are minors can you imagine the outcry if the police harmed a child?
That's what sparked the Athens riots in 2008. Police shot and killed a minor under circumstances which are still unclear... The latest round of riots in Greece, as recent as last month, were due to austerity measures to save the sunk Greek economy.

If another death should occur in London caused directly or indirectly by the authorities you can be sure that the backlash would be far, far worse than the riots now.
Yeah,fair comments..but the rioters/looters are just using what happened as an excuse,and the guy shot was apparently a known crim. either way,no reason for mindless destruction,etc
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:I can't sleep at the moment. Helicopters above me and sirens around me. I'm 1/4 of a mile from the Sony Distribution Centre that is ablaze in Enfield.
I live on a private estate and the Sony Centre is on the Innova Business Park in Enfield Lock.
My neighbour knocked on my door shortly after midnight to tell me what was going on. Went to the end of the road where there was about 20 neighbours gathered watching the fire above the rooftops.. A lot of distressed people obviously concerned (if you've seen the footage on TV you'll understand why). We didn't expect to find this on our doorstep. Whilst chatting there was at least a dozen chavmobiles entering the estate looking for a route through to the Innova Park. :x
I felt sick after seeing what was going on across the country tonight prior to this. Feel twice as bad now. :(

Hope everyone else is safe and hope that we're back to normality soon.
Hope u and urs are all safe,as with any1 else living near this..given its spreading to Liverpool/Manchester/Birmingham,etc.

Total mindless destruction..these ppl dont give a sht about other ppls property/livliehoods,etc. like the Reeves furniture busns thats now ruined,and do they think Sony will come back in to rebuild the dist centre??=possibly more jobs lost :headbang: :headbang:

Hope they get a grip soon;send in Water cannons,rubber bullets,or ARMY,bring back troops from abroad if need be!!
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)