Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Courier help needed please (complaint)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Leon_in_uk

Courier help needed please (complaint)

Post by Leon_in_uk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi folks

I have sent several wheels with Paisley freight (city link) I sent 4 alloys on Monday and packed them up really well, cardboard and bubble wrap! Anyhow I got an email yesterday and some pics of what they were delivered like

All 4 wheels are damaged when they were delivered to a tyre shop! This is the response I keep getting please help:

Please see proof of delivery showing the goods were signed for in good condition and there has been no mention of any damage in the comments box when the person has signed for the goods
thanks
If you are wanting the goods back you will need to make a booking on line at www.paisleyfreight.com and yes you are covered for £10 per kilo but as we have clearly shown you the goods have been signed for in good condition and its up to the person signing the goods to make sure there is not any damage so there is not dispute about it
thanks

scott

On 03/08/2011 16:18, Leon Broadmore wrote:
Scott I have been trying to call to discuss this issue.

There are a couple of ways to go from here - paypal/credit card protection? Your website states £10 per kg is covered also?

First of all though please arrange for collection tomorrow so I can get them repaired.

On 3 Aug 2011, at 12:31, David Barclay <[email protected]> wrote:

It was signed for in good condition on the hand held scanner and it states that if any damage it has to be note when signing for the goods. How does the insurance company then know that this did not happen after the goods were signed for. If they arrived like that it would of been obvious to the person looking at the goods they were damaged therefore why was this not point out to teh ddriver there and then
thanks

If you are wanting the goods back you will need to make a booking on line at www.paisleyfreight.com and yes you are covered for £10 per kilo but as we have clearly shown you the goods have been signed for in good condition and its up to the person signing the goods to make sure there is not any damage so there is not dispute about it
thanks

scott

On 03/08/2011 16:18, Leon Broadmore wrote:
Scott I have been trying to call to discuss this issue.

There are a couple of ways to go from here - paypal/credit card protection? Your website states £10 per kg is covered also?

First of all though please arrange for collection tomorrow so I can get them repaired.

On 3 Aug 2011, at 12:31, David Barclay <[email protected]> wrote:

It was signed for in good condition on the hand held scanner and it states that if any damage it has to be note when signing for the goods. How does the insurance company then know that this did not happen after the goods were signed for. If they arrived like that it would of been obvious to the person looking at the goods they were damaged therefore why was this not point out to teh ddriver there and then

thanks

I keep emailing them as I cannot get hold of anyone on the phone! They were signed for delivery but only damage was found when unwrapping?? Where do I stand? I need this sorting and they aren't bothered!!

The service was paid by paypal using a credit card!
SOLD: 3.0 BMW z4 grey, 108's, 4 spot rears, clear indi's, zhp, cruise...
previous - seat leon cupra mk2 in red 240bhp
previous - Porsche boxster 2.7 manual, lapis blue 240bhp
previous- BMW z4 2006 2.0 m sport
Previous - mr2 mk3 silver

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Courier help needed please (complaint)

Post by mmm-five » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Is it possible that the buyer has 'dropped' them after they've been signed for, and is now trying to wriggle out of paying for them?

I can't see how you could have damage when unwrapped, but with no visible marks on the exterior packaging.

If the buyer has signed for them, then the buyer has also accepted the wheels were not damaged - and that is all I can see the courier is saying (i.e. they were fine when they left the seller, the buyer signed for them as undamaged, now the buyer is claiming that they were damaged).

If the buyer didn't check them, then it's the buyer's/seller's problem to sort out.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm

They were delivered to a tyre shop so they signed for them! And the cardboard was damaged so it's obvious it was done in transit?

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm

They were sold on eBay so the buyer is requesting this to be sorted out straight away

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 pm

One of these tricky situations - it's not actually your problem, yet because the buyer is holding you to ransom it is your problem. There's really not a lot you can do...
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 am

What would you guys do? The courier is not gonna compensate so therefore leave me well out of pocket? But at the same time I don't know what to feel for the buyer?

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am

Very difficult one this, it is a bug bear I have with couriers in general, they are very keen to drop the goods off and bugger off and don't exactly encourage you to inspect the goods. In my mind they should be responsible for waiting while you unwrap the goods and sign that they are in good nick, else they should allow you to sign "uninspected". I bet 90% of people don't inspect goods delivered from couriers. After I had a bathroom cabinet delivered in poor condition I will always unbox the goods while they wait, unless they will let me sign "uninspected".

As for this situation, I really feel for you... not your problem but at the same time you can see the situation of the recipient. As the couriers are not playing ball but it is clear it was not damaged when it left you, could you compromise on the price a bit so the new owner could get them repaired? I know it's not ideal, but it's either that or dig in your heels and tell them it's not your problem.

I hate couriers... have had so many bad experiences with them... sometimes I wonder how the hell they can damage stuff so badly, I mean that alloy looks like it was slammed rather than dropped ffs!
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 am

Sounds like the issue is with the tyre shop. You should call them and let them know they should inspect packages they receive. And if they can't be bothered to do that. They would have probably not bothered with being careful while mounting tyres in the first place. And of course, Let the interweb know who the shop is. Since the tyre shop signed for the wheels with no damage noted. Yet the wheels are in fact damaged. In the eyes of the law this shows that the shop caused the damage.

I worked at FedEx for ten years. It is the responsibility of the person receiving the goods to inspect them. And no matter how much of a hurry the driver is in. They are required to wait while the inspection takes place.

Not sure about the UK. But in America. We do have what we call small claims court. Which is used when damages are not big enough ($2500 max) to get lawyers involved. Both parties plead their case to a judge. If one party fails to show. They lose. The judge makes the final call, And no appeals allowed.

Good luck to you and the buyer.
"Car Lovers drive Lotus Elises or Zeds, Psychopaths drive Se7ens."

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 am

bigdog wrote: I worked at FedEx for ten years. It is the responsibility of the person receiving the goods to inspect them. And no matter how much of a hurry the driver is in. They are required to wait while the inspection takes place.
I agree, but at the same time should the driver not tell the person not to sign without opening the package first? I know the document says arrived in good condition but 9 times out of 10 the courier puts the package down and says "please sign here". How many times have you seen a courier say "please open the package, inspect it, then sign that it is in good order"?

... bloody couriers!
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for your help, I'm not the kind of guy to let the buyer suffer, I have paid to get them delivered back to me and asked him to double wrap them!!

The courier have advised they are looking into an insurance claim! I'm not sure how far this will go though, but its gonna cost £60 to post back and forth and prob another £150 to repair refurb!! It's not on!!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

If you are going to refurb, why send them back and forth and not just give the tyre place the refurb costs (insurance covered or not).

(oh - and anyone with dirty nails is dodgy 8) )
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 am

They are Powder coated wheels so not sure where else does them as cheap and as good as where I go! I agree with the dirty nails, :(

Tommo Two

Post by Tommo Two » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

I have been very disapointed with paisley freight lately:

ordered collection of 4 17" wheels with tyres, chap from city link turns up, says he can't fit them on his van despite there being plenty of room and offering to load the van with the wheels for him. Leaves saying he'll return tomorrow! :headbang:

chrisba

Post by chrisba » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:29 pm

bigdog wrote: I worked at FedEx for ten years. It is the responsibility of the person receiving the goods to inspect them. And no matter how much of a hurry the driver is in. They are required to wait while the inspection takes place.
I have worked for a major courier company (Not City Link) for 6 years and this is most certainly NOT the case with us or our drivers.

The customer is well within his/her rights to sign for the goods as unchecked and the driver may hang on a few minutes while the customer checks, but only if he has time.

On the proof of delivery, just above where the customer signs it states "Recieved In Good Condition". If the reciever signs it and makes no attempt to check or mark un-checked it could be very difficult to make any kind of claim.

Unfortunately, City Link have probably the worst customer service record in the transport/courier business so i can't see you getting much out of this. :thumbsdown:

Good luck in any case.
Add your name to the "Welsh Members" thread here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59289

Leon_in_uk

Post by Leon_in_uk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

So as for me paying to refurb them again shall I ask for some more money from the buyer as it's not either of our fault?