Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

So much for AUC cars having FSH.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
the gill

So much for AUC cars having FSH.

Post by the gill » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 am

Hi all

I'm still looking for a decent Z4 Coupe and can't believe how difficult it is to find the right car (at the right price). Thought I'd found a good candidate a few weeks ago but then discovered the car had not been serviced for the first 3 years or 29K miles of it's life (i.e it had definitely missed a service). I posted about it here
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 80#p385980

Anyway, I was offered the car for £14K but decided to walk - I'm a FSH nut and the risk of problems in future just meant it wasn't worth it.

Imagine my surprised to find BMW Tring selling the car this week for £17888K on their AUC scheme. I'd always believed AUC could only be approved for cars that had been serviced strictly in accordance to the manufacturer spec. I emailed Tring to ask them this and they called me to say that they "only have to tell the potential purhaser the car had not been serviced correctly for it to be AUC". What a load of tosh. I pity the poor sod who'll pay top $ for this car assuming AUC means an impeccable FSH as I can't imagine any salesman striving to mention the lack of FSH.

The car registration is YE57DPV for anyone looking.

I'm test driving an auto this afternoon - AUC again. First time I've tried a BMW Auto so worth giving it a go.
08 Z4C