Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DSP Settings

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
pilchardthecat

DSP Settings

Post by pilchardthecat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:07 pm

My musical tastes are probably more varied than most people, and one of things i've noticed about DSP is that it can cope very well with everything from Corelli to The Prodigy, but when you throw some 80's metal at it, it all goes to pot

I thought therefore that i would start a thread where people could post up their preferred DSP settings along with their typical musical tastes.... any ageing metal heads with a configuration that suits would be most helpful!
Z4M Roadster.

wiseguy

Re: DSP Settings

Post by wiseguy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 pm

I leave my DSP on Jazz Club. I listen to all sorts of music (rock, alternative, metal, rap, pop, reggae, opera) and they all seem to sound the best to me that way. Maybe it's the extra bass. This is a subjective preference- different strokes...
2007 3.0SI Roadster leather/auto/Carver-Logic7
stereo system/xenons/sport/108s/ LeatherZ MK4 armrest/ Ultimate
Cupholders/ GROM BMW Mini 98-06 trunk USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit

R.I.P. Dice Mediabridge 1500. 2010-2023.

glastoveteran

Re: DSP Settings

Post by glastoveteran » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 pm

There is a thread on this where a member used a scientific approach to get the EQ as flat and as close to the original recording as possible:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 07&start=0

It's how I've got mine set at the moment and I'm pretty happy with it.
Z4MC Silver Grey / Light Sepang / Nav / Logic7 DSP / Intravee / Bluetooth / Cruise / PDC / SPG / Electric folding and dimming mirrors / 19" E46 M3 wheels / Vreds