Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CD Multichanger Picture

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
SuZ4

CD Multichanger Picture

Post by SuZ4 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi folks,

We have a Business unit cd player in our Z4, just thinking about adding a multichanger and / or ipod connector, does anyone have a pic of a multichanger fitted, i'm assuming it goes into a cubby hole behind one of the seats. Just wondering how neat it looks, any chance of a pic ?

Had a look on ebay and seems i could pick a multi changer for around £100, so not too bad if its straightforward with nowt else to buy.

cheers
- Silver Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe - CB Aerial & Michelin PS3's

MRol

Re: CD Multichanger Picture

Post by MRol » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:55 pm

It fits in the bottom cubby hole of the three cubby holes in the storage unit between the seats.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

You will need the appropriate carrier to mount the unit into and dismantle what seems like haf the centre console to fit it.

I think the look is already in place, but check
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

MyNamesNotBob

Post by MyNamesNotBob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Instalation instructions here: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/6042EN.pdf

Holes behind seats is for speakers. Just get an ipod interface though....
Imola Red Z4MC Currently up for sale: CLICKY

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:15 pm

I think all UK Zed's came pre-wired for the cd changer,but not sure how you would get the changer into place it may need some trim been removed.
I had a changer in my Roadster but once i fitted the Aux-in i never used it,and the Aux-in is very easy to install plenty of info on here.
What year was your coupe built i think 07 onwards the Aux-in was fitted as standard have you checked the panel underneath the heater controls thats were it would be if fitted :thumbsup:
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

VvrooomM

CD Multichanger Picture

Post by VvrooomM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Have a look in the for sale section, I am selling an oem BMW iPod interface that replicates a changer with 6 discs from the headunit buttons, you name them in iTunes and the system recognises them whilst also giving full iPod play and shuffle etc, it even charges first couple of versions without inline adaptor.
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Get yourself an iPod interface of some description, some of these will use the CD Changer wiring which you will have being a UK car and will not require you to dismantle the interior which is required to access the CD changer.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

think i would go for the BMW ipod adapter, probably easier to fit, thats me guessing though

or maybe a Parrot, thats what i've just fitted