Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tapatalk connection problems worse than normal recently?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 pm

I keep getting the message 'Cannot connect to the forum - this forum is either restricting access from tapatalk or the installed tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator' - works on mrs's android, but my iphone4 fails. Ideas?
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

Wondermike

Re: Tapatalk connection problems worse than normal recently?

Post by Wondermike » Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I have had that and it seems to be related to phone signal rather than the forum. I think :?

Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Fri May 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Cheers but havnt moved from the sofa and I'm now on tapatalk ok :? Need a techie geek to come to my rescue!
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

AGDelaney

Post by AGDelaney » Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I had problems for a week after the forum migrated. I changed my DNS settings on my iPad to google and everything has been perfect since. You can change DNS for wireless connection by going into settings, wifi and then clicking on the blue arrow to access the settings. The settings are not global, so if you change the DNS it will only be saved for that particular wifi connection. The google DNS are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if I remember correctly.