Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Us and our Zed's - Discussion Thread

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Us and our Zed's - Discussion Thread

Post by Aebous » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Nice pics MTheory!
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

MTHEORY

Post by MTHEORY » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 am

Aebous wrote:Nice pics MTheory!
Thanks, buddy. Lucky for me my three daughters don't drive yet. I'm going to have to buy a BMW dealership!

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am

Lol your daughters eh? You don't by chance own any guns do you? :whistle:
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

MTHEORY

Post by MTHEORY » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:38 pm

Aebous wrote:Lol your daughters eh? You don't by chance own any guns do you? :whistle:

As a matter of fact:

1. 1863 Springfield (last muzzleloader used by the U.S. army)
2. 1903 Springfield (WWI - super accurate)
3. 1947 Winchester .22 gallery rifle
3. 1961 Argentine Internal Security model Browning (Belgium) 9MM highpower
4. Vector Arms AK 47 folding stock.
5. Mossberg pistol grip/folding stock riot shotgun (home security)

My interest in guns is purely historical. I rarely shoot them and have never hunted. But I am thinking of getting a shoulder strap for the AK once my girls start dating :shifty:

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 am

M, I have a 1864 Springfield .58Cal. muzzleloader with the original bayonet. It has been handed down from father to son through the generations.... 1864 is what is stamped on the side plate....
My son will get it when he is ready...
Drives 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

MTHEORY

Post by MTHEORY » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 am

Shipkiller wrote:M, I have a 1864 Springfield .58Cal. muzzleloader with the original bayonet. It has been handed down from father to son through the generations.... 1864 is what is stamped on the side plate....
My son will get it when he is ready...
That's great. I'm a huge Civil War buff and I can tell you that very few people have such authentic items in their homes. The stamped 1864 is simply a production date. The actual model was "1863", which superseded the 1861 model. It's the same situation which the 1903 Springfield. The model was 1903, but the production dates (as well as the later WWII rebuild dates), could go into 1942 or 1943. Is your bayonet the star type or the more modern sword shape? (Star bayonets were later outlawed by the Geneva Convention because they caused three "sided" punctures which were difficult to suture)

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 am

Sword Shape.... The last time it was fired was in 1965.

I wont allow that now. Too old and priceless....

MTHEORY

Post by MTHEORY » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:06 am

Shipkiller wrote:Sword Shape.... The last time it was fired was in 1965.

I wont allow that now. Too old and priceless....
1. Good idea on the retirement. No need to fire it and take the chance of hurting it or injuring someone.
2. The sword shape bayonet is actually more rare and more valuable than the star bayonet.

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:49 am

MTHEORY wrote:
Aebous wrote:Lol your daughters eh? You don't by chance own any guns do you? :whistle:

As a matter of fact:

1. 1863 Springfield (last muzzleloader used by the U.S. army)
2. 1903 Springfield (WWI - super accurate)
3. 1947 Winchester .22 gallery rifle
3. 1961 Argentine Internal Security model Browning (Belgium) 9MM highpower
4. Vector Arms AK 47 folding stock.
5. Mossberg pistol grip/folding stock riot shotgun (home security)

My interest in guns is purely historical. I rarely shoot them and have never hunted. But I am thinking of getting a shoulder strap for the AK once my girls start dating :shifty:
Reckon I won't ask if I can take em on a date then :rofl: :rofl: :poke:

Anyways, sorry if I asked elsewhere (I think I did but can't find the post) How long have you been here in Vegas? Did you torch the Monte Carlo?
*edit*
On another note, do you get your car serviced at a BMW dealer? I'm trying to figure out a decent place to get mine serviced without getting ripped off.
ZEEEE 4

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:04 pm

I will take a pic and show you...tonight. It's 6AM and I have to leave for work.

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:53 pm

^^^sheesh...6am and you're on here... :poke:
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 am

fire-n-ice wrote:^^^sheesh...6am and you're on here... :poke:
Waiting for a picture of you my love.... :wink:

MTHEORY

Post by MTHEORY » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 am

Aebous wrote:
MTHEORY wrote:
Aebous wrote:Anyways, sorry if I asked elsewhere (I think I did but can't find the post) How long have you been here in Vegas? Did you torch the Monte Carlo?
On another note, do you get your car serviced at a BMW dealer? I'm trying to figure out a decent place to get mine serviced without getting ripped off.
1. I've been in Vegas since 2001. Moved here from Florida
2. I will follow my advice to my clients: On the question of the Monte Carlo, I will exercise my right to remain silent. (although I hear that the fire was just an attempted expansion of City Center)
3. It's a long story, but I'm a VIP at Desert BMW. I only deal with the service manager (Curtis) and the Lead Mechanic (Les). They treat me like a king. I would be wary of taking my car there as a mere commoner. In the past I have taken my cars to SoCal for service. Some of the dealers there are first class.

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:46 am

Right right, mine unfortunately is past warranty. Ah well, reckon I'll just have to take the plunge and test a place with tire installation as thats my going to be my first/next into the shop thing. I may yet bring it onto the base hobby shop (i'm active duty) but I just don't know if they deal in runflat tires, besides call me biased/paranoid but I just don't know if they would not screw up the swap. . Plus I scuffed my rims and am hoping to get em touched up when I get new rubbers.
ZEEEE 4

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 pm

That's funny, elleen said she put a picture of her car, but all I see is a pretty lady.... :P
Great pic btw
ZEEEE 4