Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FULL IPOD CONTROL,CONNECTS2/INTRAVEE/PROBLEMS(HAVE CARVER)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

FULL IPOD CONTROL,CONNECTS2/INTRAVEE/PROBLEMS(HAVE CARVER)

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 pm

As per title,i have the carver hifi upgrade ftd to my z4,and have recently inst a connects 2 (009) kit,that my fiance bt me at xmas(just inst due to v bad wthr here/til now)

The problem is that,while the connects2 does give me full control of my ipod(4th gen nano),via the bmw busns cd/radio head unit(and also charges my ipod)
I DONT HAVE ANY SOUND FROM MY SPKRS,When playing ipod(it mimics a cd changer,showing on display as cd ch-01).All functions on the ipod work/but no sound,regardless how much i adjust ipod or stereo settings!! :headbang: btw,the radio and single cd still play sound ok :thumbsup: (just no sound from ipod)

Had alot of calls,etc to supplier and to connects2,with no joy at present!! :headbang:
ANY IDEAS WHY NO SOUND/IS IT TO DO WITH CARVER SETUP??

Having looked at various other forum posts,cant find any mention of this re connects2 kit
but some ppl have used an intravee2/alpine 420i kit,and have said that on pre 2002(m5's) that had the dsp amp,u need a d/a convertor(Is the carver what they are refrn to/as a dsp amp?)

is this the case with the z4,ftd with the carver hifi upgrade,when using either a connects2 or intravee kit?
OR ,Is the intravee plug and play??

HAS ANY1 GOT EITHER SETUP WORKING PROPERLY IN THEIR Z4,WITH THE CARVER SYSTEM??
INFO MUCH APRCTD
CHEERS :D
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

jhbuining

Re: FULL IPOD CONTROL,CONNECTS2/INTRAVEE/PROBLEMS(HAVE CARVE

Post by jhbuining » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 pm

This link will tell you if you have a digital or analogue version of the amplifier. For the digital versions you'll need a D/A converter.
BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe RubyBlack & Honda CB1300AS

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks for that jhbuining
knew i had an amp in boot,and the cd head unit has dsp functions,albeit limited to 3 preset modes!

wil take amp out tomorrow/asap,and look for the co ax lead.
cheers :thumbsup:

does anyone know if this connects2 kit i have actually works with the carver setup
or any info on intravee kits??
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Hotride

Post by Hotride » Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am

did you get the connects2 unit to work? i am looking at it for my z4 and i have the same setup as you SatNav/Carver Stereo. if you get the sound to work i will buy one too.I was told by connects2 that the unit should work on DSP stereo but i want some proof before I buy one n spend too long trying to fit it.

Have you unplugged your CD changer from the back of the head unit and from the i-bus behind the seats? i have read that you need to plug the Connects2 into the cd changer port in the boot( i assume this means the point between the seats near the firewall where the CD changer plugs into the i-bus).

anyways good luck and let me know if you get it working