Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear light faults again!!!

shambolic

Rear light faults again!!!

Post by shambolic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Car went in to dealers today due to condensation and water and failure of rear lights(especially indicators) as posted on previous threads by me and others.
The car was booked in by phone last Wednesday for todays visit. (over a weeks wait for a new car defect :headbang: )

Wife dropped off car today 8am at dealer and phoned them at 330pm as not heard anything, she has now just phoned from dealer as car is unsafe to drive FFS.
They dont have a curtesy car at the moment and are trying to source one. I asked how they couldnt have checked this this morning but she was told "we were further down the list and they never seen the car until late pm) :x :x :x
So having phoned in over a week ago your car is last to get seen and they can't fix it. And can't get you a car!!!
Poor show BMW also they have said they have no lights in stock in UK or Germany and could take a while to get them in.(does this mean fault a lot worse than the few of us on here have had) :o

Sorry but first time Ive bought or used BMW service and this is not the best TBH.
Last edited by shambolic on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 SLK 250CDI AMG Sport, Indium grey.
2013 SLK 250CDI AMG Sport, Tenorite silver.
2012 transit van, white of course!
2004 Honda CRV (dog mobile) dirty blue!

shambolic

Re: Rear light faults again!!!

Post by shambolic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Update:- wife has just phoned and they are unable to get us a car until Friday. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have advised her to drive the car home carefully (20 miles) and bring it back on Friday(another 20 miles back) for a loaner until they can fix it.

This is after just being told 10 minutes earlier its unsafe to drive :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

She is in London for next 2 days so not really using car but I am seriously hacked off with this level of service.
May be using different garage from now on and for servicing if this is how you are treated after shelling out the best part of 35K 6 weeks ago :x :x :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Sorry to hear this - does indeed sound very poor. Just remember that I'm before you in the queue of people waiting for a new rear light cluster. :P Dealer said they would phone me "early" this week when the part has arrived. Still no phone call yet. I'll wait till the end of the week then give them a :poke: Fortunately my indicator is still working with no faults being reported on the dash, although the indicator is submersed in a puddle of water. :x

If you need to know the name of the Dealer Principal at Douglas Park, Glasgow, send me a PM. :)
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Both mine are now submerged!!!
May stick a couple of goldfish in and when I turn corner they will swim to outside giving pretence of indication :)

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

shambolic wrote:Both mine are now submerged!!!
May stick a couple of goldfish in and when I turn corner they will swim to outside giving pretence of indication :)

Looks like I could be having a trip back to the dealers in the future :thumbsdown:

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Looks like it could be a wee problem for them as parts out of stock too. surely not a good sign :roll:

mattberryman

Post by mattberryman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:17 pm

shambolic wrote:Car went in to dealers today due to condensation and water and failure of rear lights(especially indicators) as posted on previous threads by me and others.
The car was booked in by phone last Wednesday for todays visit. (over a weeks wait for a new car defect :headbang: )

Wife dropped off car today 8am at dealer and phoned them at 330pm as not heard anything, she has now just phoned from dealer as car is unsafe to drive FFS.
They dont have a curtesy car at the moment and are trying to source one. I asked how they couldnt have checked this this morning but she was told "we were further down the list and they never seen the car until late pm) :x :x :x
So having phoned in over a week ago your car is last to get seen and they can't fix it. And can't get you a car!!!
Poor show BMW also they have said they have no lights in stock in UK or Germany and could take a while to get them in.(does this mean fault a lot worse than the few of us on here have had) :o

Sorry but first time Ive bought or used BMW service and this is not the best TBH.
Amazing, this could have been a word-for-word description of my experience with BMW when my rear light cluster failed.

I called the dealership at 4.30pm, as they hadn't called me to arrange a pick-up time, saying that my car was unsafe to drive, that parts would take upto 5 days to arrive and they needed the courtesy car to be returned by 8.30am the following day - there was no flexibility in this.

However, they did pass me onto BMW Emergency Services who arranged a courtesy car me with Avis that could be 'delivered anywhere, any time' but when trying to arrange the Avis car to be delivered to the dealership for when I returned their courtesy car - I was told that their definition of anytime is '10am-5pm'!

In my case, I called BMW Customer Services to express my displeasure of the situation and then magically got call from the garage a couple of days later to say my car was ready for collection - apparently, they had been able to source the parts from elsewhere!

Still, the car has been fixed for over a month now and it appears to be running fine. However, the way that I was dealt with during the episode made me close to want to sell the car as I felt utterly let down by the dealership.

shambolic

Post by shambolic » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:31 pm

TBH they have gave us a 10 black Z4 loaner now until problem fixed :D

Z_Victor1

Post by Z_Victor1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey Shambolic........sounds a right palaver!

BUT.........

Have a look at the terms and conditions of your BMW WARRANTY DOCUMENT......
I am SURE it says if they can't fix a mechanical fault on your new BMW pronto, they HAVE to give you a car............rental, demo, loaner, you name it.
THEIR problem!

I'm going to look it up now.....but I had a heater matrix go on a compact 20 years back and because no parts available, we got a nice new BMW for two weeks..............

Good luck man!
2009 sDrive35i, DSB, CBKL, DCT, Adpt M Sus, Ext Stor, St Ht, Thru Load, PDC F/R, Nav + ICE Pro, 6-Disc DVD, USB Interface