Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MHD and xHP since last updates

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Mon May 06, 2024 7:02 pm

Howdy, ya'll. (A bit of southern charm.)

I've removed the MHD and xHP maps for the California emission tests. And reinstalled after passing. Previously, the MHD was version 9, and xHP was with an older version of the iOS app. Since MHD has version 10 map, I've used it. With xHP, there's no choice but to use the current version of the app.

I haven't taken the car for a spirited drive yet. But on short errands:

1. The car is noticeably (and annoyingly) more noisy on upshifts and downshifts (burble is off)
2. There's more (cat?) rattle
3. Cold starts are noisy (with option on as before)
4. From cold starts, the car wants to stall within 20 metres, but it corrects itself
5. I cannot make the car creep in gear (as before)

Any similar experiences ? And fixes ?

Thanks.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 pm

What versions of each have you flashed ?

MHD stage 1 etc xHP stage 1,2,3 ?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Mon May 06, 2024 10:03 pm

MHD is Stage 1. xHP is a bespoke map by a fellow forum member. Both worked great before the uninstall.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Marcoose wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:03 pm MHD is Stage 1. xHP is a bespoke map by a fellow forum member. Both worked great before the uninstall.
Looks like somethings got reset / changed in the restore with new variants..looks like it wil need to be set up from scratch..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Mon May 06, 2024 10:28 pm

Peter, so in your experience, with MHD v10 map you don't experience any of my symptoms ? Or with the new iOS version of xHP ? And you're suggesting to revert everything again to stock and re-install ?

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 pm

Marcoose wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:28 pm Peter, so in your experience, with MHD v10 map you don't experience any of my symptoms ? Or with the new iOS version of xHP ? And you're suggesting to revert everything again to stock and re-install ?
I used v9 stage 1+ 2+ and v10 stage 1+ and 2+ with no issues after my first coil failure..have you checked the various option boxes ?

XHP stage 2 on v1.3 I use with some personal tweaks to gearbox maps all very nice

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Tue May 07, 2024 12:37 am

Yes, spent hours double-checking all boxes to make sure it wasn't user error.