Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Super sprint exhaust

"M" Specific discussion
taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 pm

Hi all,
Does any body know that when fitting the super sprint exhaust along with the resonator delete section does this make the exhaust to raspy.
I was reading that someone had done this and didn't like how it sounded. For him it was to raspy.
He decided to refit the resonator section along with just the race cans and for him it was much better.
I am about to buy the race cans and resonator delete section so just wondered if anyone here has some experience with this.
I know that one mans dislike can be another mans love.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Super sprint exhaust

Post by mr wilks » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:51 pm

From past experience with ZM aftermarket exhausts there are far better options for similar or less ££ than SuperSprint.
I bought a MR with them fitted & couldn't get them off fast enough , there is no defined tone with them , they just make a racket that's not particularly enjoyable ( only RPIs rate worse in my ears )
Stromungs would probably rate highest if there was a vote of aftermarket options .
As for the X pipe itself , , it's a unnecessary mod for 99% of owners & the original factory one is supremely well crafted.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:15 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:51 pm From past experience with ZM aftermarket exhausts there are far better options for similar or less ££ than SuperSprint.
I bought a MR with them fitted & couldn't get them off fast enough , there is no defined tone with them , they just make a racket that's not particularly enjoyable ( only RPIs rate worse in my ears )
Stromungs would probably rate highest if there was a vote of aftermarket options .
As for the X pipe itself , , it's a unnecessary mod for 99% of owners & the original factory one is supremely well crafted.

Thanks.
Srtomungs are hard to get hold of.
I agree though they do sound quite nice.

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:20 pm

taz1966 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:15 pm
mr wilks wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:51 pm From past experience with ZM aftermarket exhausts there are far better options for similar or less ££ than SuperSprint.

Thanks.
Srtomungs are hard to get hold of.
I agree though they do sound quite nice.
The reason i was going down the super sprint road is i have been offered a set of cans and x pipe.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Super sprint exhaust

Post by buzyg » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:36 pm

The only Super sprint exhaust I ever fitted was on my Fiat Coupe 20VT and it was fantastic. No idea how it fares on a Z4. :thumbsup:

maupineda

Super sprint exhaust

Post by maupineda » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:40 am

I had Remus with SS x-pipe and it was extremely loud and droney.

The best combo I have had is OE muffles with the SS x-pipe

getsetbrett

Super sprint exhaust

Post by getsetbrett » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 pm

I opted for the BCS back boxes on my Z4M after hours of listening to sound clips & hearing a few exhausts in person.

The Remus brand were simply too quiet for me. The Stromung boxes, though a favourite for sub £1000 along with being well made & providing a significant weight saving, they in my opinion lowered the tone of the S54 engine so much the rasp & character was lost. They also had drone at motorway/dual carriageway speeds.

The BCS boxes are very well made & the tips fit the bumper recess well. They are loud on cold starts but settle down…..slightly and do keep the addictive rasp above 4,000rpm.

Every system I heard has the generic drone at 1,800-2000rpm sometimes at higher rpm but you work the gearing to resolve this. The best thing about the BCS are no drone at cruising speeds & an abundance of pops & crackles on overrun or when letting off the accelerator. Especially when they get hot.

For 2nd hand money these can’t be beaten unless you are extremely lucky to find something like a KKS, Arqray. I personally do like the look, quality, fitment & sound of the Supersprint Race Silencers & X-Pipe combo. Seeing as the OEM centre flanges do corrode fitting a set of aftermarket silencers can be a concern on high mileage cars. At least the Supersprint combo with slip joints would avoid this issue.

Its a very metallically sounding rasp but I feel the x pipe is what gives it that character. At the time I was ready to buy, this setup didn't come up for sale very often used so I had to choose the BCS.

beanie

Super sprint exhaust

Post by beanie » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:11 pm

Tax, have you decided to keep the Z? I thought you were replacing it with a GTS 4.0? Would love to hear your thoughts on the two cars as I keep eyeing up the 4.0 as a ‘one day perhaps’ next car.
RUBYIMOLACARBON

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:53 pm

beanie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:11 pm Tax, have you decided to keep the Z? I thought you were replacing it with a GTS 4.0? Would love to hear your thoughts on the two cars as I keep eyeing up the 4.0 as a ‘one day perhaps’ next car.
So as i said i was into minds whether to keep the ZMR and have decided to keep it.
I actually for various reasons only kept the car for about two weeks.
So have decided to keep the Z and spend some money on it.
I was in touch with Areeve motorsport to day regarding the CSL style air box fitted and the rolling road tuned.
What was interesitng is that he was actually saying that the S54 in the Z responded better to the box than the original E46.When i asked how come he said that the S54 in our cars is a better engine than the original with several differences.
He also said that the lowest power on a ZM he had seen with the carbon box was 374HP.

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:55 pm

getsetbrett wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 pm I opted for the BCS back boxes on my Z4M after hours of listening to sound clips & hearing a few exhausts in person.

The Remus brand were simply too quiet for me. The Stromung boxes, though a favourite for sub £1000 along with being well made & providing a significant weight saving, they in my opinion lowered the tone of the S54 engine so much the rasp & character was lost. They also had drone at motorway/dual carriageway speeds.

The BCS boxes are very well made & the tips fit the bumper recess well. They are loud on cold starts but settle down…..slightly and do keep the addictive rasp above 4,000rpm.

Every system I heard has the generic drone at 1,800-2000rpm sometimes at higher rpm but you work the gearing to resolve this. The best thing about the BCS are no drone at cruising speeds & an abundance of pops & crackles on overrun or when letting off the accelerator. Especially when they get hot.

For 2nd hand money these can’t be beaten unless you are extremely lucky to find something like a KKS, Arqray. I personally do like the look, quality, fitment & sound of the Supersprint Race Silencers & X-Pipe combo. Seeing as the OEM centre flanges do corrode fitting a set of aftermarket silencers can be a concern on high mileage cars. At least the Supersprint combo with slip joints would avoid this issue.

Its a very metallically sounding rasp but I feel the x pipe is what gives it that character. At the time I was ready to buy, this setup didn't come up for sale very often used so I had to choose the BCS.
getsetbrett wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 pm
I opted for the BCS back boxes on my Z4M after hours of listening to sound clips & hearing a few exhausts in person.

So do you like the Race super sprint with the resonator delete (X pipe)

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:59 pm

taz1966 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:53 pm
beanie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:11 pm Tax, have you decided to keep the Z? I thought you were replacing it with a GTS 4.0? Would love to hear your thoughts on the two cars as I keep eyeing up the 4.0 as a ‘one day perhaps’ next car.
So as i said i was into minds whether to keep the ZMR and have decided to keep it.

I was in touch with Areeve motorsport to day regarding the CSL style air box fitted and the rolling road tuned.
What was interesitng is that he was actually saying that the S54 in the Z responded better to the box than the original E46.When i asked how come he said that the S54 in our cars is a better engine than the original with several differences.
He also said that the lowest power on a ZM he had seen with the carbon box was 374HP.

Reason i decided to keep it IS IT IS BEAUTIFUL and worth a hole lot more money than what they are making now
[img][attachment=1]EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg[/
Attachments
EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg
EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg (202.41 KiB) Viewed 548 times
EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg
EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg (202.41 KiB) Viewed 548 times

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:01 pm

taz1966 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:59 pm

Reason i decided to keep it IS IT IS BEAUTIFUL and worth a hole lot more money than what they are making now
[img]EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg[/
taz1966 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:59 pm

[img]EADCE82E-E38A-414B-818C-F4FA40986A81.jpeg[/
Attachments
3A13A93A-2E36-48DD-A18C-5FD169539647.jpeg
3A13A93A-2E36-48DD-A18C-5FD169539647.jpeg (186.5 KiB) Viewed 545 times

beanie

Super sprint exhaust

Post by beanie » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:34 am

It’s a great looking car and a nice spec you’ve got, I can’t blame you for sticking with it! As you say, they’re huge value at 15-20k and to significantly better them requires many multiples of their price. I’m sure they’ll have their day regarding values, it’s just whether they ever appreciate more than it costs to keep the bloody things taxed and going!

Shame the GTS didn’t work out for you but they’ll still be available in the future should you have a change of heart. In a straight line, there isn’t a huge amount between them on the road. My brother (370z nismo) and I had a play with a 718 GT4 and the difference was very minor. A skilled driver on a track would no doubt really highlight the extra ability of the Porsche, but we both felt some sense of consolation :lol:

374bhp is a hefty number from just an airbox and remap, I’d bargain on 350-360 and take anything else as a bonus or that the dyno gods were simply having a good day!
RUBYIMOLACARBON

taz1966

Super sprint exhaust

Post by taz1966 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:53 pm

beanie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:34 am It’s a great looking car and a nice spec you’ve got, I can’t blame you for sticking with it! As you say, they’re huge value at 15-20k and to significantly better them requires many multiples of their price. I’m sure they’ll have their day regarding values, it’s just whether they ever appreciate more than it costs to keep the bloody things taxed and going!

Shame the GTS didn’t work out for you but they’ll still be available in the future should you have a change of heart. In a straight line, there isn’t a huge amount between them on the road. My brother (370z nismo) and I had a play with a 718 GT4 and the difference was very minor. A skilled driver on a track would no doubt really highlight the extra ability of the Porsche, but we both felt some sense of consolation :lol:

374bhp is a hefty number from just an airbox and remap, I’d bargain on 350-360 and take anything else as a bonus or that the dyno gods were simply having a good day!
Regards 374HP i was typically thinking the same as you 350-360.I am buying it for the sound more than the extra HP.
I had bought a Eventuri but have decided to go the hole hog. So there will be a brand new Eventuri soon for sale.
I noticed that it says you are in Bournemouth sometimes?

beanie

Super sprint exhaust

Post by beanie » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:44 pm

I’m occasionally in the Bournemouth area but haven’t lived there permanently since about 2001/2. It’ll always be home though so it’s nice to go back :)
RUBYIMOLACARBON