Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cylinder number order on a I6

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:41 pm

Hi all, been a while since I posted here. In classic fashion, it's only when I need something.. :oops:

My car has been under a cover for about 3 months and aside from the mould that's formed in the cabin (separate issue related to a leaky roof I believe), the car has thrown two major codes. One related to it running too rich which I believe I've identified. The other being a misfire in cylinder 4.

I want to go in and swap two of the coil packs to see if the misfire moves with the coils but I cannot figure out which order they're numbered in? From front of bonnet to the windshield, or from windshield to the front?

Thanks all!
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:53 pm

From front of the bonnet backwards. No1 nearest the radiator.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:55 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:53 pm From front of the bonnet backwards. No1 nearest the radiator.
Thanks, informative as always mate.

Next question. Can I swap these coil packs around? The wiring seems to suggest you need to swap all 6 at once? The wiring are all colour coded too which is throwing me off. I don't do car electrics!
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85

Dr. Zed

Post by Dr. Zed » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:04 pm

Never mind. It's been so long since I worked on the Zed I forgot how these things work. Figured it out. Proper idiot moment there...
Maldives Blue 2.5i E85