Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blanked out cluster lights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:52 pm

Gil1813 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:54 pm
Rockhopper wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:50 pm Have you recalibrated the new yaw sensor?
I thought they were plug and play ??
What's the process for recalibrating??
Can I do this with an autophix 7910 ?
Thanks
Plug and play. That’s it
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:18 pm

In terms of coding they are plug and play but I've seen lots of posts suggesting that if you have issues then they need recalibrating.

colb

Post by colb » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:13 am

Just had another look at Realoem parts site using my 2003 2.5 Vin number, mine has this one fitted
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/en/showpart ... Id=34_1308
If there are two diagrams just use the one that lists the parts and part numbers the other will tell you no parts fitted to your car.
If you click on the part number it will display all other models the item is fitted to, suspect the replacement you have is not compatible with your car. Best find another good replacement with the part number listed in Realoem or one of the units that have superseded the original.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Gil1813

Post by Gil1813 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:55 pm

Well I've just changed the yaw sensor for another one with tha same part number as per realoem listed for my vin number.
No change really, I changed the sensor then plug in the scanner with 3 codes appearing, 5e15, 5e30, 5e38, when I try to erase them only the 5e15 goes, but then reappears when the ignition is turned off and back on.
When I try to recalibrate the speed sensor with the autophix it comes up connection error, could it be a wiring issue and not connecting?
The abs dsc unit is clicking every few seconds?? Is that normal?
Could the battery cause any issues as I'm not sure it's at its best although I'm keeping the charge on with a battery maintainer.
I hoping you guys can maybe point me in the next direction to go.
Thanks.