Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I’ll never sleep again

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ori

I’ll never sleep again

Post by ori » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm

So my son passed his driving test (first time like his father ;)

How will I ever sleep again knowing he is out there on the road?

I tried to insure him on the zed, but compare the market laughed at me. I could hear it! I was expecting a figure of 12k, but they wouldn’t even quote on it! ;)

Hilly30si

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Hilly30si » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Reminds me each time one of my daughters passed their test, every time my phone went I had butterflies, and with good reason, both had accidents in the first year. The youngest had three,my mate who owns a body shop loved me. In all there were four bumps but all minor,thank god. The youngest drives all over the UK with her job, but my heart still skips a beat if she rings me in the day :rofl: :thumbsup:
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

N4LLY

I’ll never sleep again

Post by N4LLY » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:21 pm

Hilly30si wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:17 pm Reminds me each time one of my daughters passed their test, every time my phone went I had butterflies, and with good reason, both had accidents in the first year. The youngest had three,my mate who owns a body shop loved me. In all there were four bumps but all minor,thank god. The youngest drives all over the UK with her job, but my heart still skips a beat if she rings me in the day :rofl: :thumbsup:
Remind me not to take the M6 Toll next time :D

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

brillomaster

I’ll never sleep again

Post by brillomaster » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:25 pm

you should be sleeping easy, that means you aren't sharing a road with him! But if you could let the rest of us know when he is on the road and where so we can avoid that area, that'd be great! :poke:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

I’ll never sleep again

Post by buzyg » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:58 pm

I have a solution to that one. :wink:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Pondrew » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:26 pm

ori wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm So my son passed his driving test (first time like his father ;)

I tried to insure him on the zed, but compare the market laughed at me. I could hear it! I was expecting a figure of 12k, but they wouldn’t even quote on it! ;)
Well done him! :happyclap:

My daughter is taking her first one on Tuesday. I don't think she has a hope of passing but you never know!
In many ways I hope she fails; insurance will rocket by around £1,000 (guess who pays?) and I dread the thought of her being out on the roads on her own! For her's and everyone else's sake. :o
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:38 pm

I'm sure our parents all felt the same when we passed our tests!

Maybe not being a parent has some benefits.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Hilly30si

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Hilly30si » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:26 pm
ori wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm So my son passed his driving test (first time like his father ;)

My daughter is taking her first one on Tuesday. I don't think she has a hope of passing but you never know!
In many ways I hope she fails; insurance will rocket by around £1,000 (guess who pays?) and I dread the thought of her being out on the roads on her own! For her's and everyone else's sake. :o
I have my grandson up next and I will get him on the road driving. I taught both my girls up to them having lessons with a driving instructor.
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:03 pm

Tell O congratulations :thumbsup:

Enjoy your sleepless nights, we all have them for the same reason!

But you think you’ve got it hard, my friend had this to cope with this the other day :cry:

My boy asked me about the Z4 when he passed his test a few years ago, at least we got a quote :D
Attachments
IMG_7690.jpeg
IMG_7690.jpeg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 428 times
IMG_7691.jpeg
IMG_7691.jpeg (163.21 KiB) Viewed 428 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by MikeyH » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 pm

I'm lucky, neither of mine have any interest in driving anything except their parents into dept. :thumbsup: :D
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Pondrew » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:42 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:03 pm But you think you’ve got it hard, my friend had this to cope with this the other day
    That makes me extremely sad! My daughter's twin brother never made it to the age of having a licence! :(
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:55 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:42 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:03 pm But you think you’ve got it hard, my friend had this to cope with this the other day
    That makes me extremely sad! My daughter's twin brother never made it to the age of having a licence! :(
    Sorry it made you feel sad bud, not done intentionally :|

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
      Lifer
      Lifer

I’ll never sleep again

Post by Pondrew » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:38 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:55 pm Sorry it made you feel sad bud, not done intentionally
      I know! It's fine. My issues, not anyone else's! :thumbsup:

F31 320i. Good car.
      E89 20i Now fully dried
      Mazda3 sold

ori

I’ll never sleep again

Post by ori » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:39 am

Hilly30si wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:17 pm Reminds me each time one of my daughters passed their test, every time my phone went I had butterflies, and with good reason, both had accidents in the first year. The youngest had three,my mate who owns a body shop loved me. In all there were four bumps but all minor,thank god. The youngest drives all over the UK with her job, but my heart still skips a beat if she rings me in the day :rofl: :thumbsup:
      Yeah. That’s an accurate description of it! I’m ok with minor bumps. That’s normal I guess. Just don’t want a heavy nasty one. I’m very proud of him though and went for a long drive with him yesterday and he is cautious which makes me feel better, but I also know how awful everyone else drives!

ori

I’ll never sleep again

Post by ori » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:40 am

Pondrew wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:26 pm

Yeah but lessons and another test will cost the same! Wish her luck!