Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front camber plates z4m

"M" Specific discussion
InterlagosMC

Front camber plates z4m

Post by InterlagosMC » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 pm

Good evening all,

I’m looking for recommendations on adjustable camber plates for my M, if people have them what brand did you go for and what are they like day to day, I’ve seen ground control and vorshlag do z4m specific stand alone sets, I wondered if the e46 m3 camber plates might work on our cars too so again if anyone has experience I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Andy
2007 Z4M Coupe

AndyBeech

Front camber plates z4m

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 pm

I've got Ground Control plates. Had for 3 odd years now and no issues....apart from the odd alignment place not really knowing how to adjust them properly :roll: That's just rubbish alignment places though, anywhere decent hasn't had any issues.
Bit more noisy than standard when rotating the steering wheel at low speeds, like when parking for example. Apart from that nice and quiet.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

InterlagosMC

Front camber plates z4m

Post by InterlagosMC » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:33 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 pm I've got Ground Control plates. Had for 3 odd years now and no issues....apart from the odd alignment place not really knowing how to adjust them properly :roll: That's just rubbish alignment places though, anywhere decent hasn't had any issues.
Bit more noisy than standard when rotating the steering wheel at low speeds, like when parking for example. Apart from that nice and quiet.
Good to hear a positive about ground control as there are so many negatives about them wearing after 6 months, did you go for the street version?
2007 Z4M Coupe

PDJ

Front camber plates z4m

Post by PDJ » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:00 am

Do you want to be able to adjust the camber week to week or just change it

If you want adjustable the plates are the way to go

If you just want to change the camber just put a 10p washer shim between the strut and the hub or 2 washers or 3 washers

PDJ

Front camber plates z4m

Post by PDJ » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:03 am

IMG_2655.jpeg
IMG_2655.jpeg (69.96 KiB) Viewed 303 times

InterlagosMC

Front camber plates z4m

Post by InterlagosMC » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:54 am

PDJ wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:00 am Do you want to be able to adjust the camber week to week or just change it

If you want adjustable the plates are the way to go

If you just want to change the camber just put a 10p washer shim between the strut and the hub or 2 washers or 3 washers
I’ve seen the shim idea and it seems relatively straight forward however my concern is that it changes the bottom pivot point rather than the top, I was more inclined to change the camber at the top of the strut. Do you know how much difference removing the camber pins makes?
2007 Z4M Coupe

plenty

Front camber plates z4m

Post by plenty » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:25 am

You'll gain 20 to 30 minutes by pulling the pins.

AndyBeech

Front camber plates z4m

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:39 pm

InterlagosMC wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:33 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 pm I've got Ground Control plates. Had for 3 odd years now and no issues....apart from the odd alignment place not really knowing how to adjust them properly :roll: That's just rubbish alignment places though, anywhere decent hasn't had any issues.
Good to hear a positive about ground control as there are so many negatives about them wearing after 6 months, did you go for the street version?
Didn't read anything like that personally in specifically this application. I installed with new bearings etc. Yup street version.

I would only buy them personally if your doing track work, not worth the hassle for the road.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!