Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD BMW Z4M Roadster £10k -11 Services, Modified (BC's, Valved Exhaust)

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Ed Doe

BMW Z4M Roadster £10k -11 Services, Modified (BC's, Valved Exhaust)

Post by Ed Doe » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:35 pm

I don't think any of the mods are 'dealbreakers' in themselves - certainly the shifter is a mod I'd be keen on but then I like to track my car, so I'm definitely more of the 'niche' audience.

This is the point really, if you put the shifter exhaust etc back to stock you'll significantly broaden the appeal of the car to the sort of person who wants an M Roadie in standard form to enjoy over summer. As it is the mods you've done whilst great and desirable to the right buyer are going to significantly limit the audience of people interested - the vast majority of prospective buyers will be unlikely to want performance-oriented mods, and might even perceive the mods as evidence the car has been used hard/tracked, which to a lot of people is off-putting.

Absolutely not trying to criticise you here, just trying to offer advice :) Good luck with the sale either way - I just suspect you'll have to be extra patient for the right buyer to take it off you with the mods still fitted that's all.
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:35 pm I don't think any of the mods are 'dealbreakers' in themselves - certainly the shifter is a mod I'd be keen on but then I like to track my car, so I'm definitely more of the 'niche' audience.

This is the point really, if you put the shifter exhaust etc back to stock you'll significantly broaden the appeal of the car to the sort of person who wants an M Roadie in standard form to enjoy over summer. As it is the mods you've done whilst great and desirable to the right buyer are going to significantly limit the audience of people interested - the vast majority of prospective buyers will be unlikely to want performance-oriented mods, and might even perceive the mods as evidence the car has been used hard/tracked, which to a lot of people is off-putting.

Absolutely not trying to criticise you here, just trying to offer advice :) Good luck with the sale either way - I just suspect you'll have to be extra patient for the right buyer to take it off you with the mods still fitted that's all.
Agree with this, however I’d think some way between the current ask and trade in price it’ll sell as is…there’s only so far it’ll drop before it’s snapped up regardless of the mods. Hopefully it’ll go well before that though. Just imo obvs.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:59 pm

Thinking about it, for me as it is it would need to be closer to £9k as there are quite a few costs that need to be factored in like the diff bushing, bumper respray, wheels etc which means you're already at £2k before you even address anything else that might need fixing, and it's a fairly high mileage car. The rod bearings I assume haven't been inspected either and they aren't cheap to replace if needed.

If you would take nearer £9k then hit me up and I'll sort out selling my car somehow hah
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

Tanton

Post by Tanton » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:02 am

Hi Matt I’d be interested at £8250 [email protected] if your interested.

Thanks
Sean

MKZ4000

Post by MKZ4000 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 am

Ironically the mods have devalued the car somewhat, even though it probably drives better than a standard M.

I like the look of the gearshift but would have preferred the original, same with the exhaust and dials.

They are all reversible but with time and hassle (and cost if you can't DIY).

But at £9000 I'd say its still a bargain as you could do things as and when to the car or just leave as is.

If I didn't have one already, I'd be snapping this up and feel it will sell soon. GLWS
BMW E85 Z4M
BMW E85 Z4 2.5
Gone Z4 E85 3.0

Ben02

Post by Ben02 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:11 am

Are there still any of the original parts like exhaust or suspension available?

Actually it’s a great car as a project…

Snakobs

Post by Snakobs » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:23 pm

Thanks All, feel free to come and collect from Cheltenham this weekend and I will do a deal. First come first served :wink:

I have the original suspension in the loft, original shifter in the garage so will try round up as much as possible but the exhaust is a flat no.

The mods have devalued it, but I see it as a hobby for the last 3 years, same as a golf membership so I'm okay with the loss :thumbsup:

AlpinaZ4

Post by AlpinaZ4 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:23 pm

PM sent

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 pm

Beats the s**t out of playing golf! :lol: :poke:
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:01 am

That looks like a sensibly priced MR, even if you don't like the mods. GLWTS. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Snakobs

Post by Snakobs » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:05 pm

I am pleased to say the Z4M is now sold! It went today in trade for a 2012 BMW X5 (No judgement) :driving:

Traded in for the value I had it listed for, which was the same value as the X5, and more than offers I was receiving!

I will return to a Z4 just maybe a 2.5i or something cheaper as a second car not a daily driver again!

Thanks all :thumbsup:

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:54 pm

Glad you got a decent deal in the end . Hope to see you back with another Z4 soon . All the best :thumbsup:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .