Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Covid/Flu jab.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:08 pm

As there's not been a Covid thread for a while :D

I've been watching some of the Covid inquiry rubbish that's currently being aired, watched Cummings giving his evidence yesterday. I'm really not sure the point of it all now except its more money down the drain and no doubt all the notes being made each day will be filed away to forever gather dust. Finding some of the evidence being given both frightening and nauseating. How ill prepared the Government was.

It made me think of all the Covid discussions on here :lol: Anyways I have the Flu jab tomorrow but this time last year I had a Covid booster jab and had the Flu jab at the same time as it was offered.

The next day something really weird happened to my right eye in that each time I blinked I could see the retina at the back of the eye. It freaked me out to begin with, I Googled it and it can be common and nothing to worry about, it was quite annoying though. I went to the opticians and had a 3D scan done of the eyes back in July and mentioned it to the optician but nothing was found on the scans and optician couldn't explain the cause. All of a sudden in September the eye went back to normal, literally woke up one morning and all good again. I do wonder if it was just coincidence with the combined jab.

Will be sticking to just the Flu jab, although don't think the Covid is required now unless over 65 etc.

Tim.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by pvr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:28 pm

Covid is not required for anyone anymore. Not planning on having either of those, having just had Covid for the first time thanks to the great unwashed at Gatwick.

Go for a holiday, it will do you good .... ok, 6 days in bed out of 9 days away, great stuff.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:36 pm

pvr wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:28 pm Covid is not required for anyone anymore. Not planning on having either of those, having just had Covid for the first time thanks to the great unwashed at Gatwick.

Go for a holiday, it will do you good .... ok, 6 days in bed out of 9 days away, great stuff.
Just been looking up on the Covid jab, you can still get a seasonable jab so long as you qualify for one, over 65, vulnerable etc, I'm pretty certain I've never had it, so might be a good excuse to go on a cheap cruise :)

Tim.

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by Lynchy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Strange you should say that Tim but when we had our booster in December 21 one of my wife’s eyes became very bloodshot. It eventually cleared and we thought nothing of it apart from whether the booster caused it. Two weeks after our booster I had a heart attack, I don’t suffer from anything and I’m always in good health and not over weight so that came as a massive shock. As for the flu jab we’ve never had one and have both vowed not to have and more boosters either.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Lynchy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:48 pm Strange you should say that Tim but when we had our booster in December 21 one of my wife’s eyes became very bloodshot. It eventually cleared and we thought nothing of it apart from whether the booster caused it. Two weeks after our booster I had a heart attack, I don’t suffer from anything and I’m always in good health and not over weight so that came as a massive shock. As for the flu jab we’ve never had one and have both vowed not to have and more boosters either.
Interesting to hear, I don't know if it was just pure coincidence but strange it happened the following day after the combined jabs. I'd had them separate in previous years by weeks/months with no side effects. At the time of the last Covid booster I was offered the flu there and then and never gave it a second thought and just accepted the offer for the Flu jab, kill two birds with one stone at the time. I'm sure there was some sort of reaction of the 2 vaccines being taken together but no way of proving it. Certainly strange, it was like every time I blinked I had an image of the back in the eye that faded away and would reappear when I blinked again.

Hope you're on the mend now.

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by Pondrew » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:43 pm

The public enquiry about Covid is a waste of public money and a waste of time. If there is one thing that history has shown, it's that politicians and Governments make the same mistakes over and over. It's also irrelevant now, as those getting the blame are no longer in their positions.

Boris was NOT the right person, or equipped to deal with Covid; that is the message coming out of the enquiry. Don't think we needed an enquiry to realise that!

And our now PM's best idea? The 'eat out to help out' rubbish. No wonder Labour are being given millions of votes for free! :roll:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Vornwend

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by Vornwend » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:29 pm

I'm as cynical as the next man but I don't think it's all a waste of time or money. Significant learning will emerge from the enquiry and there will be recommendations which the civil service and government will be expected to implement. Some of those will be hard coded into procedures and planning protocols so won't be forgotten.

Of course there are some lessons which refer to the qualities of leadership in times of crisis. Sadly we can't legislate against bad leaders - I suppose it's our job to spot them and do everything we can to see they never get into such powerful positions in the first place. In Johnsons case we can't say we weren't warned.
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Vornwend wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:29 pm I'm as cynical as the next man but I don't think it's all a waste of time or money. Significant learning will emerge from the enquiry and there will be recommendations which the civil service and government will be expected to implement. Some of those will be hard coded into procedures and planning protocols so won't be forgotten.

Of course there are some lessons which refer to the qualities of leadership in times of crisis. Sadly we can't legislate against bad leaders - I suppose it's our job to spot them and do everything we can to see they never get into such powerful positions in the first place. In Johnsons case we can't say we weren't warned.
You would hope so but what we have learnt is that Johnson thought Covid was nature's way of dealing with old people and became obsessed with them accepting their fate, seems to me in was a cop out and demonstrated how little prepared the Government was :cry: I wonder what his thoughts were regarding his own elderly relatives, if he has any or did they receive special treatment.

Tim.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by Nanu » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:01 pm

from my limited knowledge, I understand there was a National Plan for a Influenza pandemic from 2014. This was updated in 2016 but was not updated in 2018 as it should have been due to Brexit negotiations. As soon as Covid hit, this plan was either ignored or those in charge at Public Health England did not know it existed.

There were no plans for any sort of lockdown and once that decision was made instead of herd immunity, chaos.

PS Eligible for Covid and Flu jabs, getting neither.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:24 pm

I got Covid last July and felt really rough for a few days, so I was glad I got offered the booster.

Had another Covid booster a month ago and flu a couple of weeks back and haven't had any issues with either so now I'm getting on a bit I'll keep having them as I'd prefer to avoid getting Covid or Flu!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:24 pm I got Covid last July and felt really rough for a few days, so I was glad I got offered the booster.

Had another Covid booster a month ago and flu a couple of weeks back and haven't had any issues with either so now I'm getting on a bit I'll keep having them as I'd prefer to avoid getting Covid or Flu!
:thumbsup:

One of my work colleagues suffered from long covid, was off work for 6 months, she ended up paying for oxygen therapy sessions. Started off an hour a day for a month and then a few times a week for a couple of months. Basically she sat in an oxygen chamber like what divers use when they get the bends. She said it helped alot and speeded up her recovery. It was costly though.

Tim.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by dr_john » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:00 am

I had Covid last August, first time. Thoroughly unpleasant experience, my bones ached like hell, couldn’t sleep, and most food tasted awful. Took a week or so to get through it, absolutely no mistaking it for flu or whatever.

Got my booster shot and flu jab last week.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by TitanTim » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:57 am

dr_john wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:00 am I had Covid last August, first time. Thoroughly unpleasant experience, my bones ached like hell, couldn’t sleep, and most food tasted awful. Took a week or so to get through it, absolutely no mistaking it for flu or whatever.

Got my booster shot and flu jab last week.
I would certainly have the booster again but just not at the same time as the flu jab. I may have had Covid but showed no symptoms so might be the vaccine did its job in minimising the effects.

Tim.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by MikeyH » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 am

Had both Covid and flu jabs already. :thumbsup: don’t want to catch either. Now wife keeps on at me to have the Shingles one. My poor old arm. :cry:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Covid/Flu jab.

Post by pvr » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:46 am

MikeyH wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 am Had both Covid and flu jabs already. :thumbsup: don’t want to catch either. Now wife keeps on at me to have the Shingles one. My poor old arm. :cry:
Man up, you have two arms :lol:

You sure you don't need a Tetanus boost as well? Then you know you have had an injection :evil:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo