Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter workhorse + Health update

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am

N4LLY wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:22 am
We are family :wink: :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:25 am

ekimj10 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:20 am ekimj10, Morning "Young man" :D

We are family :wink: :thumbsup:

Cheers Sean, that is a very heart warming message and absolutely true and genuine.
I just felt a little guilty taking some of the support from your post. Without doubt a unique bunch of people contribute to this Forum.
Absolutely no worries, no need for guilt :D Please share and update if you choose :thumbsup:

1536Z4, They did recommend E45, which i only know for babies bum's :rofl: They said use your regular products if non perfumed.
Me, N4LLY, moiusturise ?? !! :rofl: :lol:

Just ordered a new undercounter fridge/freezer, to be a bit more organised with diet, food stuffs, medication's etc.

AO called and offered me extended warrenty / insurance :rofl: :lol: :lol: I explained to them why i thought that would not be neccessary / applicable :lol:
:rofl:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Don't write yourself off - a positive attitutude is vital in these fights and you certainly have plenty of that.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Do you fellas have to make your own way to and from your chemo / radio therapy?

There is a charity up here in the NE that provides transport for patients (Daft as a Brush) and I wondered if anything similar existed in your areas.

Taking out just one element would help.
My recent hospital trips were given by a neighbour.
I’ve since been able to repay his kindness by doing the same for another neighbour In the cul de sac

Ps I’ve now renamed our end as Codgers Corner!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:37 pm Do you fellas have to make your own way to and from your chemo / radio therapy?
South east Kent and personal experience.

Hospital transport is available, Taxi's etc. However, all the nurses have told me not to bother, i will be waiting for
like 4 hours to get picked up. The service is shocking and embarassing apparently.

For Chemo i managed to drive myself to and from. That is the adminstration of Chemo drugs appointment's.
Any scan's or treatment inbetween i would not attempt to drive, same for shopping for supplies i drive and collect
enough to get me passed scheduled appointments etc.

The ex Mrs takes me to these. Also the important meetings with Doctor's and consultant's, she come's along
as suffering from Chemo fog i either do not hear what's being said or forget within 2 minutes :rofl:

The guy's & girl's at work keep telling me they will drive me, same as friends and neighbours. Even 90 + plus year old Brenda (Bless)
want's to do my shopping, she has a Taxi twice a week booked to go to the supermarket :) I might tag along a couple of times and carry bag's for her :)

For Radiotherapy. A bit more involved, i thought, being that it's every day Mon to Fri.
However, nurses tell me i may be able to drive myself for the first 2 weeks as the side effect's are much in delay and kick in
much later. We will see. :roll:
The Ex again will do all the rest. Her work has agreed she can work flexible hours to accomidate. As the treatment's are only about 20-30 mins each
we think this should be workable. :thumbsup:

Ooopps rambling, laters 8)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:05 pm

I’m pleased to hear that you seem to be well supported :thumbsup:

The big supermarkets did our deliveries during my illness period a now we just do a click n collect from Tesco which helps us.

The Daft as a Brush service for C patients was started a chap who sold a successful business and he ploughed the entire proceeds of the sale into the charity
(I gather it was much to his family’s displeasure)

The service is far removed from the hospital transport service!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:17 pm

N4LLY wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:25 am 1536Z4, They did recommend E45, which i only know for babies bum's
:rofl: Both the E45 and the Aveeno get good comments on sites for treatment after radiotherapy so should be fine with either :thumbsup:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Sounds like your ex is quite a lady.

I presume it is a lady? :?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Nanu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 pm I presume it is a lady?
No she`s an angel well compared to my ex wife that is :D
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 pm

N4LLY wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm Hospital transport is available, Taxi's etc. However, all the nurses have told me not to bother, i will be waiting for
like 4 hours to get picked up. The service is shocking and embarassing apparently.
Sadly that seems to be the norm in most places.

My Mum was having daily radiotherapy at the Royal Marsden and being in her 80s she couldn't cope with driving even though she only lived 5 or 6 miles away. So she used the hospital transport and often ended up getting there hours before her appointment, and sitting around for hours afterwards waiting to be taken home.

I was still working at the time and although I offered she was too independent too accept. :roll:

It's good to know someone is helping you out.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Nanu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 pm Sounds like your ex is quite a lady.

I presume it is a lady? :?
Oi !! She is my best friend :D :wink: Has been for 40 years, we can just no longer live togeather :)
Perfect arrangement for both of us.

Mr Tidy, Yeah have noticed in the Oncology waiting room, i have come out of the ward after 3 hours treatment
and some of the same faces are still sitting there. :? ?? :(

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 pm

N4LLY wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm Oi !! She is my best friend Has been for 40 years, we can just no longer live togeather
Perfect arrangement for both of us.
That's the same arrangement Mrs Tidy and I have apart from the 40 years bit as we only met in 2000. We get along fine for a few days at a time!

I think that's the problem with hospital transport services, they have do all the collections or drop-offs for certain areas in one trip as there aren't enough resources to go around.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:56 am

How are things going Sean ?

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 pm

1536Z4 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:56 am How are things going Sean ?
Hi Tony,

All good here, under the circumstances.

Yummy tube op' went well wednesday. Had a overnight for observation. Woke up in the early hours, 1 am i think, with
incredible stomach pain. A kind nurse put me on a morphine drip, which was nice, slept through to 8am on a very noisy ward :D
Back home and surprisigly slep a good 6 hours last night. Stomach area in very uncomfortable and painful on occasion's, but not to
bad. Only doing tube flush's at the moment as still eating as normal. (Soft diet).

X3 still proving bomb proof. Will be used every day next week as using it to drive to and from Radiotherapy from Monday.
Z3 not geting a lookin as cannot get in or out of it :(

Want to now get first week of Radio' out the way, to see how body copes / reacts. 8)

Laters :D

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:31 pm

N4LLY wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 pm cannot get in or out of it
Is that due to the stomach tube or just due to the related pain of the op . Must have been very thankful for that morphine drip for the pain and noisy wards are the worst so a result really :D . Well that`s another hurdle overcome . Keep us informed on how it`s going because the news on TV is so depressing :rofl: