Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Going from 18s to 19s?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
darich

Going from 18s to 19s?

Post by darich » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:54 pm

Abbas wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:43 pm Be interested to find out how this rides, and if there's any rubbing etc? I do like how they look on 19's, seen a few nice examples including yours. Alot of this depends on which z4 I get, and what wheels it has on it already. But as others have said, the tyre size and clearance shouldn't be too different to 18's so I think offset will be key!
Been on the car quite a while now.
I've heard what I think is rubbing just once. And it was caused when I was driving fairly quickly on an undulating road and at the bottom of a dip when the suspension was compressed a fair amount, there was one small scuff sound.
Haven't heard or felt any other sounds before or since.
Ride is fine.....it's a sports car and meant to be firm so I'm ok with it being like that. I obviously slow down on poorer surfaces or have to pick my route carefully.
Overall, I don't regret the 19s at all.
Previously 2004 Sterling Grey E85 3.0SE
Currently 2007 Silver Grey E86 M Sport
Instagram - Zed4Coupe

Abbas

Going from 18s to 19s?

Post by Abbas » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:57 pm

darich wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:54 pm
Abbas wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:43 pm Be interested to find out how this rides, and if there's any rubbing etc? I do like how they look on 19's, seen a few nice examples including yours. Alot of this depends on which z4 I get, and what wheels it has on it already. But as others have said, the tyre size and clearance shouldn't be too different to 18's so I think offset will be key!
Been on the car quite a while now.
I've heard what I think is rubbing just once. And it was caused when I was driving fairly quickly on an undulating road and at the bottom of a dip when the suspension was compressed a fair amount, there was one small scuff sound.
Haven't heard or felt any other sounds before or since.
Ride is fine.....it's a sports car and meant to be firm so I'm ok with it being like that. I obviously slow down on poorer surfaces or have to pick my route carefully.
Overall, I don't regret the 19s at all.
Sweet! Good to know for the future. As mentioned, it depends which Z I end up in, as I absolutely hate the split rims that alot of Z's come on :? :lol: and I'll probably have to fast track getting some wheels!
BMW 3.0si Coupe
IG: @abbas2kk