Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Transport Mode?

Submit How-To's here and the moderators will allocate them to the appropriate section
Bluegrasser

Transport Mode?

Post by Bluegrasser » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:30 pm

How can I determine if my 2006 Z4 is in transport mode? The air conditioner and rear defrost don't work. The lights on the switch don't come on. I don't find a bad fuse, so wondering if the car is in transport mode? I recently purchased this car for my wife, and don't know if this just happened or if it has been this way since purchase.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Transport Mode?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:48 pm

I think you have determined it tbh. Definitely the symptoms.
Whereabouts are you? (Bluegrasser suggests US, which makes it a little more awkward)

If you're in the UK there could be someone near you who can reset it.
I'm an IT luddite but even I have done a couple in just a few minutes.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Bluegrasser

Transport Mode?

Post by Bluegrasser » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:25 pm

Yes, I am in the US, rural Kansas to be specific.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Transport Mode?

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:06 pm

Bluegrasser wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:25 pm Yes, I am in the US, rural Kansas to be specific.
Ah not so easy to help then.
However, I'd say definitely transport mode and it should be easy to find someone to fix it.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Z4Mariner

Transport Mode?

Post by Z4Mariner » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:50 am

Hi Bluegrasser -

See if you can purchase a copy of BMW Scanner 1.4 (or PA Soft 1.4). Maybe someone local to you has a copy. I have a copy from days when I owned an E46 325xi, but I'm in Minnesota. It will clear Transport Mode and does diagnostics on many/most of my E86's modules. I does not code much, and it may not communicate with every module, but it will do the Transport Mode, diagnose, and it will find your factory blue tooth code. I'm afraid I'm not of much help in advising source to purchase or best device to host it - I run mine on an aged WindowsXP laptop.

Search for "BMW Scanner 1.4 Transport Mode" or view Colb's post here: viewtopic.php?t=134662
Z4Mariner
Minnesota, USA

2006 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, Montego Blue, MT

Bluegrasser

Transport Mode?

Post by Bluegrasser » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.