Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Heathrow parking

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Heathrow parking

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:25 am

Can anyone help me re parking rules at Heathrow Airport? I’m picking up my son at terminal 4 and I remember the last time, when I dropped him off, I just drove in the multi story parking and paid on the day. Now it seems I need to book a parking space in advance. Thank you in advance.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

brillomaster

Heathrow parking

Post by brillomaster » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 am

hmmm cant help with T4... last flew out of there in May, but had long stay parking.

however, dropped off and picked up lots at T5, which is £5 to go to the passenger drop off area (payable online the day after) and then something like £6 an hour for the short stay car park to pick up. havent needed to prebook a parking space in the short stay car park for picking up, you just take a ticket when you arrive and pay before you leave.

though as i say, that was T5.

oh i've done T2 and T3 drop off too, that was a £5 drop off charge, payable online.

brillomaster

Heathrow parking

Post by brillomaster » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:39 am

yeah where are you getting that you need to book a parking space in advance? the heathrow site just says use a short stay car park to pick up, it specifically says you cannot prebook for a stay less than 24 hrs...

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and- ... er-pick-up

clarker63

Heathrow parking

Post by clarker63 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:46 am

The next thing you might need to be aware of is the expanding ULEZ zone (if indeed it happens at the end of August). It will cost 12.50 just to drive a couple of miles into Heathrow/back out again..

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Heathrow parking

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:22 am

Yes, I will miss that he goes back to Japan in mid August :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Heathrow parking

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:24 am

brillomaster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:39 am yeah where are you getting that you need to book a parking space in advance? the heathrow site just says use a short stay car park to pick up, it specifically says you cannot prebook for a stay less than 24 hrs...

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and- ... er-pick-up
My wife saw it on the website, must have misread it. Cheers :thumbsup: