Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cazoo/Cinch

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by TitanTim » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:01 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience of buying a motor from either Cazoo or Cinch?

I'm looking to replace my Hyundai Kona with potentially an i20N but weighing up the current wait time of 8 to 12 months if I can't find a delivery miles car in dealer stock.

I was looking recently at a i20N at Cazoo which was 2 months old, 1 owner car and had covered 800 miles. What put me off however was the 500 quid premium they were asking over list so obviously milking it but also it got me thinking how would a car only 2 months old end up at Cazoo unless the the previous owner didn't like the car and traded it in at a good loss or could be the car had issues and was being sold off outside the dealer network. Just made me hesitant to go through with it. The car has now been sold.

Also looking at this 2021 MX5 RF which is in my budget,
https://www.cinch.co.uk/used-cars/mazda ... 9c229a82fa

I did some searching on the car and it was recently in stock with a Mazda dealer in Kent but has now appeared at Cinch. Just wandering why would it go from Mazda dealer stock to Cinch, again could it be the previous owner changed their mind on the car or its a car that's been having issues and Mazda decided to off load it.

I've heard the likes of Cazoo and Cinch source the best cars from We Buy Any Car. I may just being over cautious but would be interested to know why very low mileage cars ie 800 miles as in the i20 would end up out of the Franchised dealer network, maybe through having issues and an easier way to dispose of cars.

Tim.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:26 pm

Could be as simple as the seller got a better deal selling through cazoo/cinch/motorway/wbac than trading in or selling to the dealer network.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by TitanTim » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:37 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:26 pm Could be as simple as the seller got a better deal selling through cazoo/cinch/motorway/wbac than trading in or selling to the dealer network.
Yes could well be, you would make a bit of a loss though selling a car after only 2 months from new. Think it's just setting alarm bells off there might of been issues with the car and owner decided to get rid.

Tim.

PDJ

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by PDJ » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:45 pm

Could it be the car had issues

returned to dealer for another one

Dealer just did not want to sort it out and passed it on to Cazoo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by TitanTim » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:21 pm

PDJ wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:45 pm Could it be the car had issues

That's what my thinking is although I could be sumising over nothing :) I think you do have 14 days grace with the likes if Cinch to return a car if you change your mind, but then a bit of a faff.

I think what's put me off Cazoo at least is asking over list price to make money off the back of lengthy new car delivery times and that someone would pay over the odds. :x

Tim

Neil CR

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by Neil CR » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:43 pm

PDJ wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:45 pm Could it be the car had issues

[/
Having had new VW vans for years any issue during warranty is paid for by VW UK not the dealer so it’s not the dealer who picked up the tab
Personally guess it’s a main dealer shifting stock but I could be wrong

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by Pondrew » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:43 pm

As said above, I wouldn't worry about a nearly new car having 'issues', as it will under manufacturer's warranty so unlikely.

Could just be a 'demo' car which the dealer doesn't want to sell direct, or wants/ needs the cashflow so passed it on.

With BCA having almost a monopoly on used car sales in one form or another these days, it could be one of a thousand reasons. Doesn't mean any of them are 'dodgy', though.

You could ask the dealer who's name is currently on the V5, that would tell a lot. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:46 am

Pondrew wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:43 pm As said above, I wouldn't worry about a nearly new car having 'issues', as it will under manufacturer's warranty so unlikely.

Could just be a 'demo' car which the dealer doesn't want to sell direct, or wants/ needs the cashflow so passed it on.

With BCA having almost a monopoly on used car sales in one form or another these days, it could be one of a thousand reasons. Doesn't mean any of them are 'dodgy', though.

You could ask the dealer who's name is currently on the V5, that would tell a lot. :)
Thanks Pondrew, think I'll end up placing a factory order having thought about it, just the wait if 8 months or longer is a little :cry:

Second hand car prices still seem over inflated, and its the usual problem finding a nice car thats been well cared for, a rarity these days. Think I'd rather be patient and wait.

Tim.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by pvr » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:09 am

I sold the Jeep to Cazoo. They offered way more than wbac or motorway so for selling a car, it is great.

Advertising from their side is odd. I have two keys, on the add it states 1. It had full Jeep service history, on the ad it states unknown. Weird
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:14 am

pvr wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:09 am I sold the Jeep to Cazoo. They offered way more than wbac or motorway so for selling a car, it is great.

Advertising from their side is odd. I have two keys, on the add it states 1. It had full Jeep service history, on the ad it states unknown. Weird
Their trade in value and Cinches for my Kona was actually pretty good and slightly more than the dealer. As for buying from them I'd really want to see the car in person even though you can hand the car back if not happy within 14 says.

Tim.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Cazoo/Cinch

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:15 am

I would like to see the small print re the 14 day hand it back deal!
I bet there are lots of wiggle words :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: