Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED E86 Manual Wanted Please

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
AdyBish

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Hello all

I’ve been lurking here for a little while waiting for the right Coupe E86 to come along.

Money wise I’m at 8k, so know I won’t be buying a mint low mileage, well specked up car. However, I’m sure there’s a car out there for me that’s been well looked after that maybe needs a little fettling, and therefore be a bit cheaper? I’m handy enough with the spanner’s, so don’t mind a car that needs a little love mechanically, but I’m not into bodywork or paint really, so not looking for a full on project.

It may be that I have to wait a while and raise more cash for the right car and I will be happy to do that if there’s nothing available, there’s no rush.

The only thing I won’t entertain is wood grain trim and or beige leather interiors. Just not my cup of tea. Everything else considered. Let me know if you have anything and are interested in relieving me of some cash.

All the best, Ady.
Last edited by AdyBish on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

craiginuk

E86 Wanted Please

Post by craiginuk » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:28 am

Hi Ady,

At that price range you should find something. Also consider Cat D/N write offs. Mine was written off for very minimal damage to a front wing and front tie rod. That's the way I went and ended up with a nice car with 70k miles in decent nick with a few nice extras (lsd, suspension etc.) for your price. Has not cost any more to insure and has meant I've ended up with a nice low mileage example that has been well maintained.

Unfortunately around the £5-7k mark there are a lot of rough ones and due to the limited numbers there's not a great choice. They do come up though. Good luck with the search! They are definitely worth it!!

Craig
2007 3.0si E86 Coupe - Carbon Black

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

E86 Wanted Please

Post by Zedebee » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:47 pm

AdyBish wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 pm The only thing I won’t entertain is wood grain trim and or beige leather interiors. Just not my cup of tea. Everything else considered. Let me know if you have anything and are interested in relieving me of some cash.
For goodness sake do not pass up a good car just because it has wood grain trim. Easy (2 hours) to swap out for a standard Ali trim (£50-£100) and there are plenty of forum members (at least 3!) who would be happy to part with hard cash for the wood grain.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

AdyBish

E86 Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:47 am

Thanks for the advice both. All options will be considered. I have bought cat rated cars in the past so understand the benefits if the car has been repaired well.

I have noticed that trims are available secondhand, plus the lovely looking amarone m sport seats / interior package thats advertised on the forum would make a great swap for beige or similar - but I guess it's rare to come across an offer like that?

Thunderous One

E86 Wanted Please

Post by Thunderous One » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:12 pm

AdyBish wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 pm Hello all

I’ve been lurking here for a little while waiting for the right Coupe E86 to come along.

Money wise I’m at 8k, so know I won’t be buying a mint low mileage, well specked up car. However, I’m sure there’s a car out there for me that’s been well looked after that maybe needs a little fettling, and therefore be a bit cheaper? I’m handy enough with the spanner’s, so don’t mind a car that needs a little love mechanically, but I’m not into bodywork or paint really, so not looking for a full on project.

It may be that I have to wait a while and raise more cash for the right car and I will be happy to do that if there’s nothing available, there’s no rush.

The only thing I won’t entertain is wood grain trim and or beige leather interiors. Just not my cup of tea. Everything else considered. Let me know if you have anything and are interested in relieving me of some cash.

All the best, Ady.
I’m giving serious consideration to selling one of my Z4 Coupes.
The one in mind is my auto E86.
Monaco blue
Xenon’s
Heated electric seats
Rear parking sensors
Gloss black trim
Black/blue seats
10 speaker system
Aux input

I’d be looking £8,300 for it
BMW E36 Compact “Dakar Yellow” (sold to make way for Z4 Coupe)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Vert (sold due to hit & run)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Vert (stolen written off)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Saloon (sold to buy Vert)
BMW E36 318is Coupe (sold to buy M3)

AdyBish

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:15 pm

Hello, and thanks for the message.

I probably should have said I’m looking for a manual! Apologies for not making that clear. Other than that I like the spec of your car. I have adjusted the title of this thread for clarity.

Whilst I’m typing this I should also say that I’m not into red or white cars - should anyone be thinking of offering me one that is… Red or white paint, and beige interiors are my only dislikes - no offence to red, white, or beige lovers - they’re just not my cup of tea - everything else would be gratefully considered.

I’ve been away for a couple of weeks so still haven’t viewed any cars in the flesh. I’m not impressed with anything that’s on offer within my budget that’s advertised on the usual websites at the moment. I’m thinking I may need to increase my budget, but that wouldn't come easily for me at the moment unfortunately!

Patience is the key here. Trouble is I don’t have a lot of it :roll: :D

Thanks again, Ady.

AdyBish

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:34 pm

Hello good people. :D

I’m still looking ! If anyone is pondering selling their E86 manual, then please drop me a pm.

Cheers, Ady.

AdyBish

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:10 pm

I now have an E86 in the garage. Happy days. Thanks to all who helped with my search.

Thanks to Wayne W63 for selling me his car and being a genuine fella.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:36 pm

Congratulations Ady. :thumbsup:

E86s are great cars so you should be enjoying yours, but don't forget we do like to see photos on here!

Oops, just noticed Wayne's photos - that looks like a fantastic example and it's a late model too.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

AdyBish

E86 Manual Wanted Please

Post by AdyBish » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 am

Thanks. I’ll get some photos up at some point soon. Maybe I should start a fresh thread?

I didn’t think I’d fall for a black car with black interior. My original thought was to go for silver or grey with red leather but when I saw carbon black in the flesh my mind was changed!

It’s a cracking looking car, which is a joy to drive. But you lot on here know that already! I normally buy cars that are mini projects because I like to tinker. This car seems to have been well looked after so there’s not a lot to do at the moment, apart from some cosmetics. I’m sure there will be jobs to do in the future to keep me amused, and I’m not gonna get bored of the driving experience any time soon, I’m sure of that.

Cheers, Ady.