Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roadsters

"M" Specific discussion
Simon 3.2M

Roadsters

Post by Simon 3.2M » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:36 pm

Wishful think or are we seeing roadster prices increasing?

Seems like the asking prices on AT and the other usual suspects seem to be higher.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Roadsters

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:41 pm

Seen an awful lot of optimistic 2.0 adverts. They do seem in the main to be quite highly specced, but not sure they are actually selling?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

coldel

Roadsters

Post by coldel » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:13 pm

Selling vs Pricing is always going to be different.

Less cars for sale this time of year as people want to drive them during the summer months rather than sell them means less on offer, higher prices, probably see a flood of cars in October not so keenly priced?
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Roadsters

Post by mmm-five » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:22 pm

The value is obviously strengthening because people have realised it the only way to guarantee I'll have never abused driven it :P
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

NS66

Roadsters

Post by NS66 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Seasonal - always command higher prices when the suns shinning :-)

Simon 3.2M

Roadsters

Post by Simon 3.2M » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:19 pm

Sorry, should have been more specific - I was referring to M roadsters as historically they are between 10-12k for a 100k car but they seem to be generally higher, notwithstanding the seasonal variation?
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Roadsters

Post by tomscott » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:45 pm

Lets hope so!

I agree with the sentiments above.

There is also an element of people offloading with all the issues with the financial climate as well as popular time to sell.

I think one of the key reasons these cars are annoying is the tax bracket £695 for a sub 15k car add insurance and servicing.

Expensive little niche package that has seen very little if any appreciation in the last 10 years. Postive thing is they haven't seen any great depreciation either.

Odd considering the other M cars of the period doubling and trippling in value in the same period. Even with all the positive press in the last few years with the death of the NA manual era, still very little uplift.

Dont get me wrong they are amazing value for money face value compared to other sports cars. You can sink a sizeable amount into them in a 3 year period that isn't insignificant vs its total value. Especially when most are higher up the milage scale and need the attention.

Lets be fair thats also an expectation of the buyer too which adds more pressure on the sale.

40 on autotrader at once is also quite high = more competition.

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Roadsters

Post by True-Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:08 pm

I thinks what’s critical here is ‘what’s selling’ rather than what’s advertised.

I watch the Z4 market (mainly out of habit now) and not much is moving. I probably paid a couple of hundred quid too much for my latest E85, but it’s in a colour I’ve always wanted so I’m good with that (Not an M).

Asking prices are still peak Covid, but look how few cars sell quickly. It seems that most sellers think the lockdown premium still applies, but a significant proportion of the population have gone from surplus income with nothing to spend it on (during lockdown) to tightening the purse strings as it’s going to get rough.

Not sure about the more practical vehicles, but two seaters of any kind seem to be hanging around.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Roadsters

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:01 pm

MR prices do seem higher just lately, but MC prices seem to be holding up too (thankfully)!

Maybe it's just a seasonal thing - we'll see in the Autumn.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black