Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Offensive posts

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:58 pm

sars wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:36 pm and that's what I did, my first Foe, sage advice
Does it not alert you that your 'foe' has posted or replied on a thread, though?

If so, it wouldn't work for me as I'm too nosey. I would want to see what's been said! :oops:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by sars » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:11 pm

Pondrew, If you get a notification that one of your foe's has posted, that would be counter productive as you said. I believe/hoping that if your foe post, it is obscured so you cannot read it, only if someone quotes that post does it become visible. I'll let you know, I'm hoping though they just disappear into the wilderness :tumbleweed:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 pm

sars wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:11 pm, I'm hoping though they just disappear into the wilderness :tumbleweed:
Starve them of the Oxygen of publicity!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ori

Offensive posts

Post by ori » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:49 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 pm
sars wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:11 pm, I'm hoping though they just disappear into the wilderness :tumbleweed:
Why not ban them from the forum?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:53 pm

ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:49 pm
ronk wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 pm
Why not ban them from the forum?
Ori!
Point made!
Stop!
Please!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

chanlon1

Offensive posts

Post by chanlon1 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:13 pm

ori wrote: Why not ban them from the forum?
If you ban them completely then there’s a high chance they will return under a different username. Then you ban that username, they return again.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Offensive posts

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:20 pm

ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:01 pm See, I kinda agree with you, but I can only speak about the antisemitism as that is a personal thing. For years, the mantra of the Jewish people was if we ignore it then it will go away. Don’t fight it. How did that work out for us?
So now I have the view that I call it out and fight it out when I see it. Turns out that people don’t like it when we fight back.

If said person continues with his vile posts, I will point it out to a mod and if said mod says I’m not getting involved again the. I will.
I'm going to address this once, as I don't want to get into a debate/discussion about it.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into who is worse than who, who deserves a bigger ban etc. I have a full time job and a family, so I don't have the capacity for this.

I have considered this a fresh start, so it makes no odds what happened in the past, just what happens from today.

If you or any of the others want to fight then please have the balls to just PM each other with your whatsapp number and take it off-line. I'm sure the rest of us will catch up with the details of your battle when we read about the big fight on the national news.... or maybe you are all just full of hot air :rofl:

Honestly, this is all beyond ridiculous.... not seen anything like it since I was at school. You all know you aren't going to fight or you would have done it already.

Now, please can we stop with the nonsense and get back to polite discussion and banter :thumbsup:
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:44 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:20 pm
ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:01 pm See, I kinda agree with you, but I can only speak about the antisemitism as that is a personal thing. For years, the mantra of the Jewish people was if we ignore it then it will go away. Don’t fight it. How did that work out for us?
So now I have the view that I call it out and fight it out when I see it. Turns out that people don’t like it when we fight back.

If said person continues with his vile posts, I will point it out to a mod and if said mod says I’m not getting involved again the. I will.
I'm going to address this once, as I don't want to get into a debate/discussion about it.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into who is worse than who, who deserves a bigger ban etc. I have a full time job and a family, so I don't have the capacity for this.

I have considered this a fresh start, so it makes no odds what happened in the past, just what happens from today.

If you or any of the others want to fight then please have the balls to just PM each other with your whatsapp number and take it off-line. I'm sure the rest of us will catch up with the details of your battle when we read about the big fight on the national news.... or maybe you are all just full of hot air :rofl:

Honestly, this is all beyond ridiculous.... not seen anything like it since I was at school. You all know you aren't going to fight or you would have done it already.

Now, please can we stop with the nonsense and get back to polite discussion and banter :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:45 pm

Well said :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:07 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:44 pm Now, please can we stop with the nonsense and get back to polite discussion and banter
I can do the latter, not so good with the other TBH. :roll:
Wasn't you Martin, I know. Quoted the wrong post. :headbang:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

ori

Offensive posts

Post by ori » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:42 pm

Sorry, but if you don’t have time to deal with someone who posts racists posts then you need help moderating and should get some people here who would be happy to help.

I am sorry I threatened him. I really am.
I’m not interested in seeing his vile homophonic posts, not his racists posts nor his antisemitic posts. If posts like that are allowed here on this forum, then I have no place here either.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:55 pm

ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:42 pm

Sorry, but if you don’t have time to deal with someone who posts racists posts then you need help moderating and should get some people here who would be happy to help.

I am sorry I threatened him. I really am.
I’m not interested in seeing his vile homophonic posts, not his racists posts nor his antisemitic posts. If posts like that are allowed here on this forum, then I have no place here either.
Could not agree more Ori....there's only so much hate someone can take. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:14 pm

ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:42 pm I am sorry I threatened him. I really am.
As many people have advised, just set him as a foe. You won't need to see anything.
He is also the only one of the 'three' who hasn't logged on today. Maybe he has learned his lesson?? Maybe he will never log on again!

Criticising the admin is NOT going to help you, mate.
As said earlier, just let it lie and move on.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

tiglon

Offensive posts

Post by tiglon » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:34 pm

Can we go back to talking about cars, please? All a bit boring now...
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Offensive posts

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:40 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:14 pm
ori wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:42 pm I am sorry I threatened him. I really am.
As many people have advised, just set him as a foe. You won't need to see anything.
He is also the only one of the 'three' who hasn't logged on today. Maybe he has learned his lesson?? Maybe he will never log on again!

Criticising the admin is NOT going to help you, mate.
As said earlier, just let it lie and move on.
That's a fair point on the foe thing Pondy, but the crap Ori has had could have been avoided with a permanent ban, the offender made a very nasty personal attack on Ori for no reason other than Ori stood up for himself in the G29 section and had that attack deleted, I saw it, then a full racist 'Joke' deleted, then another anti semitism attack on Ori deleted all within approx a week, how much more has there got to be before action is taken..? In this instance seemingly lots as nothing was done even though posts were deleted, a lot could have been avoided with either a warning or a ban.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29