Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3 month update

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 month update

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:44 pm

Well we're rolling onto the 3 month mark and are still going from strength to strength. Our numbers are increasing daily and the post count has been tremendous! We now have several of our members on over a thousand posts... aside from some of them needing to get out more/seek therapy...take your pick, nevertheless the uptake and enthusiasm has been fantastic, thanks guys!

Those who have been with us from the beginning will know about the recent changes to the forum style. It's been an upheaval to say the least, but I hope that you agree we're finally getting there. It is very much a work in progress and all opinions (positive and negative) are most welcome!

Running a forum is new to me. I have been in or around the web industry for the past 12 years, but have never taken something like this on. It is quite a learning curve for me and, while I have tried my best to take it on as a project I am sure I have made mistakes along the way. I would like to thank all of you for your feedback, support and enthusiasm (and patience!) in these first few months, you've been great!

To those of you who have just returned from Homecoming 2007 I would like to thank you all for taking some fantastic pictures, and for taking the time to upload them live from the event itself! It was great to see what you all were getting up to and made for some jealous forum members I can tell you (myself included!). I am very sure the turnout for the next event will be much bigger, not least due to your fantastic narration of events this year!

Well that's it for now guys (and gals!), I have some things up my sleeve for coming weeks, but I will keep them to myself for the time being (I won't keep you waiting too long, I promise!

Cheers! :D

Jim
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

561design

Re: 3 month update

Post by 561design » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:51 pm

You're doing great Jim. I've admin and moderated quite a few sites myself in the past and it becomes an obsession. I often miss those times. It's always great to see your hard work paying off.
Charles
flickr

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:54 pm

You are the best Administrator I've ever had the pleasure to interact with, and your site is absolutely fabulous. Many will never realize how important your work contributes to the enhancement of all our lives.

Congrats to you and this site!
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:04 pm

sp3ctre - Your passion for this definitely shows.
This site has made great strides in a very short time & has become home for the Z4 community. :thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Thank You For All The Hardwork... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

enfield

Post by enfield » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Hey - I love what you have done Fearless Leader. All the changes have been positive and you are a pleasure to interact with!! :thumbsup:
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 pm

Muchos gracias, ta, grazie, do jeh, xie xie, merci, danke, efharisto, arigato, spasibo ...

... Thank you ...

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:41 pm

davidpfitz wrote:Muchos gracias, ta, grazie, do jeh, xie xie, merci, danke, efharisto, arigato, spasibo ...

... Thank you ...
asante na wewe :D

... you're welcome...
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:06 am

Probably the only forum that is democratically run, it's great :thumbsup:

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 am

Thanks for all your hard work, Jim! The board is fantastic and quite a home for everyone (at least for us posters that are over 1000 :P ).
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

zednik

Post by zednik » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:01 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :!: :!:
AKA......Lord Febreeze

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:55 am

Boy Done Good!

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:33 am

Rick Hunter wrote:You are the best Administrator I've ever had the pleasure to interact with, and your site is absolutely fabulous. Many will never realize how important your work contributes to the enhancement of all our lives.

Congrats to you and this site!
Dito! What an awesome online resource to an awesome driving machine that you have created! Congrats and most of all THANK YOU! :happyclap:
Member ZSCCA

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:00 am

I like it here, a lot.

Thanks bunches!!!

Greg

Color

Post by Color » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am

O great leader of the Z4 forum, your 'subordinates' hail your fantastic work! :)

I think this will grow beyond Z4um and so far I think you've done a great job administering it. Better so than the original. Now that is a merit! :thumbsup: